Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PHX- good shops...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by bowtiepower00, Dec 31, 2006.

1. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

AZ guys- I usually mail order my stuff, I've always lived in places where I had no alternative. Now that I'm down here, I'd rather purchase locally, if possible. I'm looking for places to get Off-Road parts and accessories, and aftermarket car and truck parts.

I've heard of Loper's on Indian School and 7th St?, and I've also found Grumpy's Chevy Truck parts just north of Bell on 17.

Which salvage yards do you guys like? There appear to be quite a few in south PHX. Are their any good swap-meets that have car parts?

How about body shops? Not really looking for show quality stuff, just don't want to get ripped off.

Finally, how about a machine shop/ engine builder. Somewhere that can do a motor right, and hopefully smaller stuff too. I'd also like to find a dyno-tuning center that can put my rig on the rollers and tune it with a WB O2.

I know there are lots of places to choose from, I'd just like to find some solid places to go to when the need arises.

I'm in North PHX, but I'll travel around the metro area if I have to.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Desert Rat in Tempe is pretty good. There are a few guys we wheel with that work over there so they have a clue & are helpful.

Loper's = overpriced assholes

I will gladly mail order from Jegs or Summit before spending money with Lopers & save money & headache at the same time.

Harley

3. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

Ill second that! We have had to get some stuff from lopers before and they do kinda jerk ya around. But I have also had good service from them too. Tempe desert rat is cool too. Its worth the drive to that locaction because most of them actually wheel.

4. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

Also wilkys in mesa is a good machine shop and Im not sure about the dyno guys.