Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Phx - Looking for a Dana60?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by AZ79K5Project, Jan 23, 2007.

1. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Not mine - CL listing
    CLICK
    "dana 60 detroit locker 35 spline - $1100"

Dana2
    chevy dana 60 front axle - $3000

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Paging "BadAss90K5".....

Marv

3. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just came across this thread.. things are kinda taking a turn here so I might have to stick with the front 10bolt. I did the 52" & 56" spring swaps and ran into some problems. I thought I could shorten the damn stock draglink to compensate for the 2" axle relocation but found out that didn't work well. I can steer right but no left at all... There are other issues as well, such as excessive axle movement and frame flex. I will need to weld in the steering box frame repair kit, swap the steering box for a 2wd box, and go crossover. Also get new body mounts. Keeping the 10bolt is kinda going against what I wanted for the truck's rockcrawling future but I don't have much choice since I need to drive to work. Kyle at Desert Rat is working on solutions so hopefully it'll be done next week or so.
    I've been away from home for the last 2 weeks stuck without work, email and internet. I'm at home now with my laptop and on 2 weeks vacation due to the truck in the shop and there's the 1 1/2 months downtime at Boeing so I figured, ah hell with it.
    Thanks Marv for keeping an eye out.

4. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Hey Badass90k5 -

Talk to Eric over at Desert Rat Tempe. Here's why: Great Deal

Don't know if they are still available.

5. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Funny.... my truck is in their shop right now. Kyle told me just the same thing. I'll be sure to ask Eric after the crossover stuff is done.. I don't think I have the $$ for chromolys now. I still have to get 8 lug hubs and all the doodahs to go with it so I can get my 14BFF under the truck too. I still have to get 8 lug rims and 37" tires so I'm not in too much of a hurry. Thanks for the heads up tho...