Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Phx tickets for Truckin Nationals

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by justhorsinaround, Oct 14, 2005.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

It is my understanding that I'm gonna have a couple of tickets for Truckin Nationals for Saturday up for grabs. I know short notice but I just got to the computer and either Jenn will have the tickets or they'll be in will call under my name.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  2. justhorsinaround

Looks like Jenn and the kids won't be able to use Sundays tickets either so they're up for grabs as well.

3. Stratispho

Stratispho 1/2 ton status

damnit, i knew I should have checked the forums before last weekend...

4. justhorsinaround

Was pretty cool all told. The tough truck was very entertaining. The rock mound was pretty darn challenging at least until the first guy that figured out the best line. Monster trucks were ok. Last but not least, the drag racing sounded like a good time as well.

Got to see a couple of passes including an (I'm guessing) early seventies Kenworth make an 18 second pass at 82 miles an hour. Won the round, too. :D

Show and shine didn't have as many classics as past years due to, I'm assuming, they got tired of parkin next to thumpin stereos and Godforsakingly tall monstrosities.

If you know that blue Blazer with the four link suspension designed for jumping, he flew so high and far and out of shape that when he landed he blew the beads on both of his right side tires. Looked like a wild ride.