Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Physics Paper Ideas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daleearnhardt01, Apr 21, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

So I have a physics paper due in 2 weeks. The paper is how physics relates to a certain thing or action. I want to do something we'd find in our rigs. Any ideas, its only got to be 4 pages long and it can only be 1 thing for example I cant do the whole game of baseball, only 1 aspect of it.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have no idea on anything like writing a Physics paper, but what about large tires. What it takes to get them turning, and to get them to stop turning. Just a totally clueless thought.

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

What about driveline loss and why so much is lost due to friction, rotating mass, etc. I dunno, just a thought....

4. daleearnhardt01

[ QUOTE ]
    What about driveline loss and why so much is lost due to friction, rotating mass, etc. I dunno, just a thought....

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be a possibility /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

How about documenting the conversion of linear motion (pistons going up and down) to rotational force (torque at the flywheel).

or

The muliplication of torque through the use of a specialized fluid coupling device (torque converter) or gear reduction box (manual trans).

or

Describe and document the effects of a venturi and how it affects the operation of a carburator.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

WOW, who would have thought Goober would come out in such a physics storm? My thought is, such it only has to be four papers long, how about energy. Horsepower in particular. Remember, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. The heat energy from a motor (internal combustion-what most of us run) is divided roughly in thirds-into the cooling water, into the exhaust, and into power.

Maybe you can focus on how to reclaim lost heat energy into measurable horsepower-or-How the energy is converted into either heat bearing fluid(air or water) or turned into electricity to be measured on a dynometer.

Just what my paper was on. You can use it though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Already alluded to above, but how about the whole conservation of energy (energy can be neither created, nor destroyed, only changed) from dinosaur to gasoline to explosion to kinetic energy (of the piston in your engine). You could talk about (again, as mentioned above) loss to friction, waste heat, etc.

Alternatively, talk about crawl ratio, and how different gears let you travel different terrain, and why. Not as sexy as conservation of energy, but the simple machines (lever, wedge, etc) are fundamental to physics. That would tie into the Big Tire idea mentioned above.

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

certain thing in action....the male penis, it even can defy the laws of gravity when an object with a gravitational pull atracts it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    certain thing in action....the male penis, it even can defy the laws of gravity when an object with a gravitational pull atracts it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang Dude ...... you need a date!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. daleearnhardt01

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha we happened to bring that up today when she asked if we had any questions about the paper. We asked her about the physics of sex and she was uh no ill give you an F

11. daleearnhardt01

Well ive got 2 days and still havent decided. Im either gonna go with a 4 stroke engine or the torque converter/transmission. Any last minute ideas? I think I can easily do 4 pages with either of those.

12. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

why not do wheel base, and weight management- you can use these to find out how to get the best traction, or something like that.

13. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

You could explain the physics of a car going through a curve. I.E. polar moment of inertia...center of gravity versus centrifugal force versus frictional coefficient of tire versus road. Aerodynamic Cd is also a factor? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif