Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic from the past

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gm4x, Apr 15, 2004.

1. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

I live 20 miles NE of Indy. Back in the early-mid 70's ( was about 17 then) the local radio station (WNAP) sponsered a "bed-race" at Indianapolis Raceway Park, on the 1/4 mile strip. Your "racer" had to be constructed out of a bed. The neighborhood "gang" got an old set of bedsprings, I had an old trailer axle & set of 60's on chrome slots, and we....uh, "borrowed" the front steering assy from one of the guys dads riding mower /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif (he wasn't real happy at the time /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif) The tire on the front was for ballast (kept lifting the front end), other than that, we had a pretty good looking ride. Fleenors (auto parts) sponsored us, so we used their colors of black & orange. Ran across pic today, though it was funny, & brought back some old (and good) times. Pic was taken at 9:00AM (by my parents), after a full night of partying (without my parents /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif), I'm the one holding the can of.....octane booster /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif. Needless to say, out ET wasn't the best, and we lost, but fun was had by all /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG]

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif thats great, reminds me of my dad /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif NICE PANTS /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif NICE PANTS /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Yeah, bells & long hair were "in" then...that's why I don't crack on the youth of today. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jjlaughner

yeah my dad said he hated bells but it was all you could buy, so they cut theirs and made them even bigger to rebel /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Did you have to push them or something? That looks fun/funny /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. pfloydmaster

pfloydmaster 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

bells & long hair were "in" then

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I remember...uh I mean...I heard about those days!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Where's the "Ass, Grass or Gas" sticker? /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

OK, now I've got to put up my vintage pic:
    [​IMG]
    This is my dad & his '76 K10 w/ slide-in camper. It was taken at my grand-parents house around '77. I've got one w/ me in it if anyone wants to see.

Anybody else got some good "moldy oldies"?

10. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Nice truck <font color="orange"> bigjbear </font>! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I bet there wasn't very many miles on it when that picture was taken. Looks like a '76??

I'd like to have it today. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

11. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody else got some good "moldy oldies"?

[/ QUOTE ]

July 1978 - 5months on a trike
    [​IMG]

August 1978 - 6months old, driving a NEW 78 2wd K5 on vacation to Anheiser Bushe brewery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

SO, I HAVE been behind the wheel of a K5 all my life /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. bigjbear

Goober, yep its a '76. He bought it new &amp; kept it until he bought almost the same thing new again in '85 (another blue LWB K10). He's had a bunch of other trucks but judging from how long he kept them I'd say those two were his favorites. I think he'd buy another new one if they still made them. Just for fun here is what I know is his favorite car.
    [​IMG]
    It's a '69 Z-28 that he bought in '70, this pic is from '71. (I was born in '71 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) He still has it and its got about 40,000 mi on it.

13. bigjbear

Is that the old gaint gold metal flake on the trike?

Let's see some more guys!

14. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

And YOU made fun of MY pants?? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. bigjbear

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif