Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pic of 203 part-time kit.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tice, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Tice

Tice Registered Member

does anyone have a pic of a 203 part time kit after it was installed?.. And also am I correct in assuming that it goes in the rear of the t-case? Thanks

2. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

I put a MM kit in my last 203 and it worked great. Real easy to do, and yes it is in the tail housing. The only real pain is that you have (I think) 16 needle bearings to put back in. That and the rear yoke has to be tighten down really REALLY tight.

3. Tice

Tice Registered Member

Thanks, the only reason I ask is I just swapped to a 465/203 from a 350/203 but couldn't use my case. So I tore my old one apart and it (part-time kit) looked different from the new one. Probly cuz it dont have a kit.

Tice /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks, the only reason I ask is I just swapped to a 465/203 from a 350/203 but couldn't use my case. So I tore my old one apart and it (part-time kit) looked different from the new one. Probly cuz it dont have a kit.

[/ QUOTE ] I think I'd be looking for a NP-205

5. Tice

Tice Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't anything wrong with the case, I just wanted to make sure what I was looking at was a part-time kit.In fact I don't see why some people knock the 203. I wheel pretty hard and have never had a problem with it. Though I do want a 205 for Doubler /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't anything wrong with the case, I just wanted to make sure what I was looking at was a part-time kit.In fact I don't see why some people knock the 203. I wheel pretty hard and have never had a problem with it. Though I do want a 205 for Doubler /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Z3pr meant now you should look for a 205 to mate to your 465/203 combo (Doubler)
    I actually had one and sold it because I didn't need it at the time.
    Now I am thinking I wish I didn't. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

hey Tice, look on the main page, one of the guys on here did a good write up on it and there are pics and pretty much everything you need

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I was talking about a doubler. I also have a 203 in my K5. Now if only I had the money for all my plans, I'd have one badass K5.

9. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    does anyone have a pic of a 203 part time kit after it was installed?.. And also am I correct in assuming that it goes in the rear of the t-case? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Here ya go Tice:

http://coloradok5.com/milemarkerpt.shtml

10. Tice

Tice Registered Member

Thanks guys. Didnt think anyone was dissin it, just wanted peolpe to know I like 203's. I looked at the pics Erich. Little bit of differance compared to mine but has the basic overall design. Now I have to put it in my "new" case.

Tice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif