Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pic of fork to z-bar

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BROKEN-ONE, Sep 20, 2006.

1. BROKEN-ONE

BROKEN-ONE Registered Member

i think i am missing a part that goes into the end of the fork , i think it is a ball of some sort , i ordered what i thought it was for lmc , but it was not even close . pics of this mechanical wonder would be great . thanks for any help on this

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

No pic, sorry...

Mine just has a threaded rod.

The rod has a point on it that rides directly in the end of the fork. The fork consist of two pieces. The fork itself and the clip that holds it on its pivot ball stud inside the bellhousing.

The other end of the rod attaches to the z bar.

Pretty simple. Just a threaded rod with a couple nuts and a threaded piece thats links it to the z bar.

3. BROKEN-ONE

it's odd

it's odd that the ajuster is the only thing that goes to the fork , i think it would where out the ball on the fork . it hard to believe gm did not put a ball stud to the adjuster . :doah:

4. BROKEN-ONE

book

the haynes and the chilton have been no help . i have tried to search this on the ck5 history without any luck . and of course there are not many 4 speed trucks around to look at . pleople look at you crazy when you say "it's a 4speed . " i know someone has to have a pic of this . this has got a lot of us looking at it , anyone with pic's ? please help me keep my sanity . thanks for all the help and advice .