Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic of my Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JeremyK5, Aug 28, 2002.

1. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What do you think of my Blazer? It is pretty much the way I bought it, except for the 31" BFG Mud-Terrains, a big dent, some more spray paint, and some maintenance work.

[​IMG]
    /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

looks like a diamond in the rough. what year ? is that dessert camo tan ? with a lift and bigger tires, you could have a winner ! good luck and have fun !

3. JeremyK5

Its a 76 with a 79 body on it. The body is lifted 3in so the floor will clear the older style frame. The paint is Krylon's Ultra-Flat Khaki camo paint. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I could fit 33's right now, but I have 3.08 gears. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I had 3.07's and 33's for more than 2 years. It wasn't that bad. There is member on CK5 (The85K5) Rob who is running 3.07's with 35's /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

dude,
    i painted mine with exactly the same stuff, except i used the brown for the main body and i used the khaki for a stripe on the rockers like the 80's and 90's blazers have. that paint is awesome ! plus ya get a scratch or it peals off, cheap fix ! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. JeremyK5

I tow with it too much to lose any more power! I recently took a trailer to the dump, and had to put it in Low to have any acceleration! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I have the np203 by the way. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif The trailer weighs around 3,500lbs, and the trash weighed 3,000lbs /forums/images/icons/blush.gif give or take a few hundred.

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

HAHAHA! mudbogAD's 79 jimmy had 3.08s and 35s for YEARS!! then he realized how mad that was and now he has 4.56s.

8. JeremyK5

I might go to the bigger tires anyway, once I can get some rebuilt heads and my tranny rebuilt. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif