Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic of my tow rig, trailer and K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yeild2me, May 4, 2002.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Finally got some pics up of the whole package. The 6.5 tows it good, and having dual braking axles really helps stopping.

http://www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com/images/ontrailer.gif

Kristens RAV4 (hehehe)-
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com/images/bsrav4.gif>http://www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com/images/bsrav4.gif</a>

Hopefully I will be able to go to a ride sometime this summer and try this set-up out!

BTW- dont laugh at the mobile homes in back ground LOL, we are still waiting on PCS orders to see if we are staying here or going elsewhere!!
    later rob

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

YOU SUCK!

Congrats!

Where did you get the trail and how much?

Thanks
    Depdog

3. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

nice setup, always have to worry about those PCS orders, heck I get the wonderful fun of leaving to a distant place in a month then when I return goign to Korea. Looks like my truck is never goign to get finished. Jesse

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

thanks DEP, i did a litlle trading for the trailer, so a price is hard to say. but i have put about 500 in it. Its a mobile home frame and axles but is the old school one that has a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern (rims are plentiful!). It was 28' long and originally built to hold 2 jeeps. The rear tilted down but i didnt think it would hold the weight of my truck, so i cut that part off. i was a little leary of using the axles, but after taking the hubs apart and looking at the size of the bearings, i aint worried a bit!! they are BEEFY!! i had to shorten it by 8' and relocate the axles, put fenders on it (which need to be re-done because i crushed one...opps) and had ramps made. prolly a little over a grand, but it has brakes on both axles which really help stopping the mass. i also repainted it and welded a diamond plate floor on it. it pulls real good, and will probably pull better when i get my weight distrubuting hitch on. i sits a little high, but i may get 15" rims for it (it currently has 215/85/16's) so that will lower it a bit. i may be in augusta from 15 may to 10 june TDY doing hospital rotations and i am going to pull the Jimmy down. i would love to hook up with you guys and do a little wheeling or at least a little BS'ing!!!! i will send you GA boys PM's when it is confirmed.

I will get stationed either here, kentucky, colorado, or washington. but i would rather stay here, i kinda like the southeast!!!

later rob

5. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

If you get stationed at campbell you'll have to look me up. Jesse

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i wanna see the rav-4 flex on the trailer!!!!

7. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

LOL scott, you better be careful messin' with the RAV, we will be out in vegas over the fourth of july (maybe) and kristen said she will find you and flex it on your 'BURB. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif/forums/images/icons/cool.gif J/K

later rob

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Nice. I cannot wait for mine to get here. Got the k5 and trailer, now hurry tow rig!!! "only" 2-4 more weeks...BREATHE...