Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pic of my truck

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 1982blazer, Dec 4, 2006.

1. 1982blazer

1982blazer 1/2 ton status

this the truck that i want to do a sfa swap to it, i think im gonna start by buying a ord shackle flip kit for it, i cant make all my own stuff so what would be the best kit to buy

red97chevy.jpg

red97chevy2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sky kit looks pretty good. I have the ORU kit, it's OK, but too much money IMO. Do a search for SAS, tons of info...

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

ORU is the biggest waste of money ever. I second the Sky Mfg kit, it looks like pure beef, and for about a quarter of the cost of the ORU kit.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

actually being the one to own the Sky kit, i highly recomend it. i've only had one major beef with it, and AFAIK, my kit is the first customer kit out. granted, i do plan on adding a bit of extra support to the front crossmember, but its not totally necessary. i figure if you're gonna build it, build it right the first time. just be aware, that it does give 6" right out of the box. i bought 4" springs while i ordered the OffRoad Direct kit, assuming a 7" overall lift, and was going to run 35" tires on 3/4 tons. buying the Sky kit brought me up to 10", thus the 1 tons, and im planning on running a bigger tire. hell, im even thinking about a big block now. :rolleyes:

5. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

With that much lift you should be able to clear 40s with a little trimming, inless there skinnies.

6. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

welcome to the club... i second whats been said so far

7. 1982blazer

1982blazer 1/2 ton status

so dont get the oru kit, and what length front springs shoud i run 6inchs is about the most lift i want

8. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

i plan on running oobs dodge 52s.. they prolly give ~4" of lift and im gonna set my hangers at 4"