Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pic of what inspired me.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Jan 12, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

here is what made me want a conv't blazer
    [​IMG]

heres mine [​IMG] [​IMG]

am I on my way? minis the poser stuff and 6 lug axles he's got though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Where did you find that one? That looks a lot like what I'm going for.... except I have a '90 with the steel cab over my head - for awhile. I picked up a '75 top and windshield frame last week
    Yield2me on here has a nice rig, too, that he did a full convertible conversion on. I love the red. It's next best to pink /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

What kind of tail lights are on that K5??? They look like toyota tundra lights... or... really new Tahoe lights...? Different, thats for sure! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I think I remember him saying they are Tundra tail-lights. Something like 80 man-hours trying to get them to fit/look nice. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I would like to go to full convertable. I hear you lose something like 75 pounds up high. Someday maybe. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    yep tundra /tacoma lights, I ramed the side panel with my girls bronco while pushing it in the garage and just couldn't get the shape bach so I fixed what I could and hacked away till they fit /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then I welded in patches off the old door metal and am working on getting the lines right, the reason so many hours is because I tried bondo 3 times /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif then decided to try my hand at welding but the arc welder obviously would burn through so I got a wire feed to weld/spot weld in all the panels and since the panel was near 500.00 I didn't want to buy a new on for that side again.

So do you like, I am planing on side armor so all my work wont be just for mall cruzing and posing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif