Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic of zero rate add aleaf installed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Supreme70, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

Im looking into buying the zero rate add aleaf but not sure how they really work, how do they move your axel forward or backward. I would love to see a pic of them installed if anyone has some. I'm looking to move the front axle forward the 1.5 inch for better firewall and rear front fender clearence.

Thanks in Advance MIchael:cool1:

2. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

It can be kind of confusing when you look at the zero rate then try to picture it bolted to a spring then on the axle. With the ORD zero rates they have 3 different holes, each one does a differnet thing..1 sid ehas the centerline hole, other side is offset by 1" and 1.5 inch. depending on which hole you use you can move the axle forward/back 1" or 1.5"

You say you wanna put them on the front, depending on how much lift you already have and tire size it could cause yer tires to rub on the front inside of the fender, thats where I rub with my 35"s and 4" lift

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

check my webshots... sure to be a zero rate pic in there. try the "build up 2/9/03" album, near the bottom there is a pic of my rear springs/zero rates. Offset 1".

j

4. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Do the zero rates interfere with yer Xover steering at all? I'll be doin Xover/Hysteer so I think I'll be alright.

5. jekbrown

not at the moment. I am in the process of swapping 52s in and relocating my tierod behind the axle with WFO arms, then the zero rate is a problem. I'll be removing them then, don't think I'll need them for the amount of lift I want.

j

6. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

hey jekbrown, if you are looking to get rid of the Zero rate let me know and Ill get them from you.

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'll upload some pics of me installing them and them installed
    [​IMG]
    You can see from the following picture how the axle gets relocated
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of them installed, I needed to drill the spring plate
    [​IMG]
    Heres a shot of why and where i drilled the plate
    [​IMG]

8. jekbrown

I could do that, but as far as I know, mine are the old style ORD zero rates that aren't offset drilled. They give you an inch of lift without affecting spring rate, but they aren't useful for relocating your axle unless you machined them for that purpose. Personally, I just drilled my spring perches 1" off center and relocated my axles that way....

j