Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic request and tire fitment confirmation, version 2million

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wubba_65, Oct 25, 2005.

1. wubba_65

wubba_65 Registered Member

Hi all, for those of you who are lazy, please see summary at bottom

Been lurking here once in a while, providing advice where I can, and mostly just seeing what awesome things you guys are doing with your rides. I am going to get some pro comp x-terrains for $125 CAD (set of four) in 35x12.5x15. I plan on mounting them on my factory alloy rims (87 k5, the 15x7 alum's).

I have tried searching, but I cannot find a picture of somone running 35's on a stock suspension (I know that bubba ray has this, and I found one of him on the ramp, but the one of his truck just sitting on flat ground doesn't load into the thread anymore).

I have also found that 33's will work on alloys, but I haven't seen any posts about people trying to run 35's on factory alloys, only on rally rims (15x8). I plan on running stock suspension, maybe going with a 1-2" add a leaf or something like that in the future. This rig gets used as a bad weather driver to work and back, hunting trips down oil lease roads and the occasional cutline in the fall, and cruising up at the cabin in the summer. It is a 350,(not sure of tranny, haven't looked yet), 208/10bolt's combination (also don't know the gears, but I'm guessing 3.08.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for good deals on 3/4 or 1 tons out there, and eventually do an axle swap. Until then I am going to keep the 10 bolts and the gearing they have, unless I find that the gearing that I have (I'll have to find out) really sucks for turning the 35's. Then I'll probably just find some 3/4 or 1t because I don't see the point in spending money to regear when i can just do the axle swaps.

So ideally what I am looking for is pics of someone who has put 35x12.5x15 Procomp x-terrains onto factory alloys with stock susp. I would be happy to find pics of 35x12.5x15 on factory alloys, whether they are pro comps or it's lifted is unimportant. Also, if someone has a picture of 35x12.5x15 under a stock suspension just sitting at the curb (or driveway, campsite, etc, on level ground, unflexed), that would be great. I realize that I'm going to be trimming sheet metal to do this, I'm not too afraid. I know that my dad is going to flip when he finds out what I'm doing to it (he likes to keep it factory :haha: ).

Anyways, thanks for reading, here is summary:

1. I searched
    2. Came up with 35x12.5x15 will fit under stock suspension, and 33x12.5x15 will fit on factory alloys, and saw pics of bubba ray's setup flexed on the ramp
    3. Would like confirmation from someone with experience that 35x12.5x15 will fit on factory alloys (15x7)
    4. Would like to see pic of 35's on factory alloy, preferably on a k5 with stock suspension.

Thanks

Evan.

2. wubba_65

ANYONE, please?

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You can put them on stock alloys, but they are going to wear insanely strange and they are going to be taller, so they probably wouldn't fit. I'd put 33/10.50 under it if you're keeping stock rims and suspension.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

5. wubba_65

Thank you very much Bubba Ray !! Love that look

Evan.

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Bubba, you need to ask your boss if you can just put a light bar on it and use THAT for your patrols... :D

7. jmd4x4

jmd4x4 1/2 ton status

Yes 35x12.5x15 will fit on stock rims, they will be bulged out on the side walls and not look as wide. They may be a little tall because the tires on a skinner rim, but it will only be by a 1/4 inch or so. My 35's never wore strange and they were on 16x7 alloy rims on my F350. Hope this helps.

later
    jmd

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Put some Kings on it, new motor and I'd be ready................ :haha:

9. wubba_65

I was thinking more along the lines of removing the top, and set up a mini-gun mount on the cab roof, and harnesses to hold the gunner in when moving over rough terrain.