Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic request.. calling all k5 and sub owners *PICS of my new seat added*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Aug 2, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Can somebody take several detailed close ups of the mounting brackets for their 3rd row burb seats, or rear k5 seats. I recently got a seat from draggbody, and now I'm gonna try to booty fab up some sort out mounting brackets for it between my fenderwells. I think the front will just bolt down with some grade 8 bolts, and the rear may need some flat steel, angle iron, and/or rebar..

pics of the brackets would be awesome :bow:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  2. 78Suburban

perdy please :crazy:

3. GMCJason

GMCJason 1/2 ton status

The brackets are recessed into the floor of the Sub for the 4 points on the seat. Does your truck not have these?

If that's what you need I can get you a pic sometime today.

4. 78Suburban

Yeah, get a pic if you can, that would be awesome. I'm pretty sure my truck Doesn't have these....

5. xpndbl3

xpndbl3 1/2 ton status

my one suburban didn't come with a 3rd row seat ordered from the factory, but still had the seat mount holes recessed in the flooring under the carpet. FYI.

6. 78Suburban

Said burb, Said seat.. recently got the seat from another ck5er, its a rear k5 seat... I need to figure out how to booty fab up some kinda mounts for it.. if I could make it removable, that would be awesome, so I could take out the seat on days I wanted to camp in the back of the burb....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GMCJason

GMCJason 1/2 ton status

Here are 4 pics; the first two are what's on the inside floor of the truck. All four mounting points seem to be the same.

The second two are on the seat. Your rear seat bracket seems to be the same but the front mount is different. My truck is a 90 but I thought all Sub third row seats had the same mounting scheme. Is that seat from a Blazer of a Sub? My Jimmy has a different mounting configuration for the rear seat than the Sub does but it's a fold-and-tumble set up so the front mount is hinged and more permanent.

Third seat bracket internal 2.jpg

Third seat bracket internal 1.jpg

Third seat rear bracket.jpg

Third seat front bracket.jpg

8. 78Suburban

Jason, thanks for the pics... maybe I can figure out how to rig up some kinda quick release mouting points.. The seat is out of a k5. I set it in the back of the burb and sat in it, and its a comfortable seat :D

9. kw48653

kw48653 Registered Member

maybe take an oxy a torch to

the junkyard and cut out the mounting brackets from a junker and then weld them into your burb?

10. 78Suburban

anybody got closeup pics of the mounting brackets for a rear k5 seat? I guess they were a little different than the burb brackets... my burb doesn't have any kinda of brackets anyway, so I might as well start out with a k5 seat :D

11. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

You have there an old Burb and a new seat. Or maybe your Burb has no seat mounts?

The third-row seat for old Burbs (through '77 that I know of, maybe yours too?) is the same as Blazers for 73-77 and mounted via four 1/2" bolts to the floor.

The later Burbs and Blazers (I know by the 80's, donno the exact year of cutoff) have the flip-n-fold seat, which is what you have. The Blazers and Burbs both had the slots in the floor... I don't know if they're just similar or identical, as my only newer truck is a CUCV, which is kinda weird.

Anyway, you can either get those pockets and weld them into your truck (sounds like work!) or make a bracket to mount to your floor ... does your truck have holes in the bed to bolt onto?

-- A