Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic Request

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broc944, Dec 26, 2006.

1. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any pics of the fenders after the cut was made prior to the installation of Bushwacker cut out flares being installed? Before, during and after would be great.

Not sure if I want to go this route, just curious how much really gets chopped out and what the rough opening really looks like.

I should add, it is the front I would really like to see.

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

the cut looks like a$$. you cut straight across from the top on both sides until you hit the inner fender then cut down following the inner. I have pics with the flares on, and ones after I cut more and ditched the flares.

I like the way the flares looked but they don't hold up wheeling. they kept me legal when I still drove it. the fenders are easy to replace but once you cut the bed/tub there is no going back.

3. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

post them plz

4. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Forest Ontario, 1/4 hr from Port Huron Michigan
    I had a set of the cut outs but then sold them due to i had to cut some metal away and my body is solid so didn't want to go that route. Does anyone know of a set of flares that look like cut outs but there is no trimming needed.

5. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

bushwacker makes a flare that has bolts like a cut out but doesn't actually bolt to the fender. they call them pocket style.

this is a terrible picture, but you can see the final cut after ditching the flare. it would look a lot smoother up top if I had never even put a flare on to begin with. I still have them if anyone wants to hold them up to there fender to see how much they cut before they buy a set.

dana 44 017.jpg

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That is the cut. It would not look good without the flare. I took about 3" out front and back.