Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pic

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] Lets see some pics of your wheeling areas. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You first...where's the wheeling?

Rene

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just a shot of the area I like too wheel in. I copied the pic from the web. I love this area, so much nature and history to see here in The Black Hills. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Note, that is the nose of my K5, I happen to be in a light wheelin' spot right there. Upon exiting the tunnel, off-road-durable suspension is required, and occasionally the front axle must be engaged for pothole extractions...

[​IMG]

And this is where I prefer to be with my truck... (photo from an actual wheelin' trip)
    [​IMG]

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Paul, what's the people density like around there? How likely are you to see another human if you decide to throw up a tent and crash right there one night?

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Where I like to go camping up in the hills you there is close to 0 chance of seeing another person. Notice I do say close to. You might see a few people on the way to the clearings, but once you get a few miles from the roads, you're in no man's land. I like going up the old mining trails, most of them haven't been used in 20 to 80 years. The nice thing is that The Black Hills National Forest is public land. No fee's for camping !!! But you really have too be carefull when cooking.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

When you camp, what kind of firepower do you bring with you? When you said carefule when you cook, my first thought was a bear'll come steal your dinner...

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No bears around here except at Bear Country , a few Mountin Lions, but they won't bother you. But I normally take the 9mm with me. Never know when you'll see some wonder of nature that you'll wanta blow the sh*t out of, LOL. Bring your fishing gear, pleanty of Trout in these mountin streams.

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Dude... When I get my Explorer built up I'm gonna make a road trip to your place and you're gonna show me some of your cool wheeling spots... Looks like some nice scenery /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Bring your fishing gear, pleanty of Trout in these mountin streams.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's what i was going to say... looks like a nice place to go fishing. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You done good around there?

11. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

A few little pics from my area:
    [​IMG]

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I fish more for the fun the anything else, so I always release the fish. I couldn't tell you how much they wiegh, but I've cought some pretty big ones. I see alot of people keepin' & eatin' the ones they catch.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I fish more for the fun the anything else, so I always release the fish. I couldn't tell you how much they wiegh, but I've cought some pretty big ones. I see alot of people keepin' & eatin' the ones they catch.

--------------------

[/ QUOTE ]
    Y'all don't eat what y'all catch? I feel for ya.

14. Ryan B.

You ever flyfish? It takes a while to get the casting down. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Nothing like the feeling of hooking into a fish on a fly that you tied yourself. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Here you go, just heading around the old mining trails around Silverton colorado. Yes the hottie is my wife.

[​IMG]

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You ever flyfish? It takes a while to get the casting down. Nothing like the feeling of hooking into a fish on a fly that you tied yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Please refrain from talking about my zipper in public /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Nope, never done fly fishing. It's never appealled to me. I'm just for a regular old rod and reel. I'm also very impatient when it comes to fishing, so I prefer to hitting rivers cause there's more work to be done. I only go for trout also, love cooking what I catch. Hate salmon.

I used to go up to Gunnison, CO all the time when I was kid, and done some on the Colorado in Northern Arizona. There's a great place up in New Mexico called Goose Lake. It's on top of a mountain. About 3 hours to get up there, 7 mile drive, that's a day; wheeling and fishing. Can't wait to get back one of these days.

By the way, should we discuss "fish bait" or do ya think they would hang us? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

The view on the way to Crown King

[​IMG]

Climbing a hill
    [​IMG]

Mike

18. Ryan B.

[ QUOTE ]
    Please refrain from talking about my zipper in public /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [ QUOTE ]

Nope, never done fly fishing. It's never appealled to me. I'm just for a regular old rod and reel. I'm also very impatient when it comes to fishing, so I prefer to hitting rivers cause there's more work to be done. I only go for trout also, love cooking what I catch. Hate salmon.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hmm, I agree. Streams and rivers keep you much more busy than lakes and resivors even if you aren't catching fish...
    I seem to catch a lot more in streams, its more skill there, on a lake its more luck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Unless you're on a boat trolling then it's alright.
    I go for trout as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I hate salmon also... only unless its really good smoked salmon, yummie.
    [ QUOTE ]

By the way, should we discuss "fish bait" or do ya think they would hang us? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. I don't see what's wrong with that. Having a serious fishermen discussion about bait in the off topic forum? Maybe well get landsmasher revealing some fishing secrets.