Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pick a Part- Fess up..how many have

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jakeslim, Mar 1, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Ok, How many of you have "forgot" to pay for all the stuff in your pockets or bottom of your tool box. You know the stuff...hoses, screws, bolts, trim....... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well the last time I was there I got 2 propane set ups for one ..The never seen the set up before and I just told them it was all one set...lol
    I also had so many hoses and stuff in the wheel barrow that they didnt see the turn signal light covers... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    To many "little parts" to remember though..

3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

one time i got a hole short side axel shaft for my 10 bolt(outer and inner)I just got it and took in into the back of a van with me nand strapped it to my leg with the u joint at my knee /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

yeah, usually when i spot a k5, i will just start tearing into all kinds of screws and bolts only because I know I will need them. The best find is someone else's tools that they left behind...oh yeah /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Yup. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And which one of you fawkers wipes your greasy grimy hands all over the seats... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

yeah, the last time i was there i found a rear rollbar in a k5, but could not get the damn top off due to bolts. I asked some guy to help me tip it over tearing out the stuck bolts and the top basically was a goner. Got the roll bar though. F's made me pay $40 for it though /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Me and my bro pulled a 12 bolt in November and they charged me for the u-bolts /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif However he had a 1 ton prop valve in his pocket I don't condone stealing( depends on definition, some people who never earned a living deserve to lose ) , but to charge me for u-bolts /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

hehehehe

I pay for 95 percent of it, I also dont break stuff on purpose when I am in there /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I pay for 95 percent of it

[/ QUOTE ]

well....all it takes is 1 percent to be guilty so might as well take it down to 85% paid /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Just about all the places I've been give you a list and pull the parts for you /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    The one or two times we went walking around there might have been a wiring harness somewhere /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    some power door lock switches and wiring /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I bought a steering box one time out of a 76' blazer for my 85K5(you sharp guys probably already caught the first prob.)
    and even paid the extra $10 bucks to be able to return it and get my money back. Well obviously the fittings are different between the 2 boxes and I tried to return it and get my money back. They refused to give my money back and said it didn't matter if I paid the extra $10 return fee or not. I was fawkin' pissed! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So now whenever I go back I always try and grab something small slowly getting my $40 bucks back. They even charge $2 to get in, thats rediculous! Last time I went I grabbed a mint condition hood ornament off a suburban. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I always make sure I steal more than I pay for. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Have I? No

Would I? Hmmmmm..... yeah

15. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

The extra $10 bucks is not for cash back. It is for credit on another item, atleast that's the way it works where I go.

16. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I took 6 extra allen screws for a locking hub last time i was there, but they were stuck with a warn premium so I had no choice /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif let's just say the should weigh me when I arrive and weigh me when I leave and make me pay the difference /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif, nuts, bolts, screws, knobs, switches, trim peices, pretty well anyting I can fit in my pockets or in my carhartt bib fronts. But, I do not tear anything up while I am snagging the little parts, because if I do, I will need that part next week and it will be the only one in the state at that time. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

18. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i was trying to "obtain" an k5 emblem and broke it......i am sure i shed a tear...this was at this huge junkyard on the eastside of PA(pennsylvania or something like that).

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can not lie, so I refuce to answer the question. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

nice avatar change...gotta admit something about that last one was annoying...not sure why, just was...but anyways

back to "five finger discount" at your local pick a part /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif