Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pick and Pulls

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 1979Jimmy, Jul 8, 2002.

1. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, What are your favorite pick and pulls around the area I feel like going on a hunt for parts.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The pick and pull on Monterey road in San Jose usually has about a dozen Chevies in the back, mostly 2wd though. There's apparantly a yard in Moss Landing that has tons of full size Chevy trucks, but I'v enever been there, just heard from a freind. </font color>

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I have been to most of the yards in Moss Landing..They are all on one street.. I haven't seen the yard you are talking about.. Can you get a name for me???

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green">Shewheeler is the one that told me about it, she should be able to tell you which yard she goes to. I'll call her - Oh Sheeeeewheeeellller! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif </font color>

5. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Are most of the trucks pilasged? Everyone always talks about fidning axles in junkyards and whatnot and I figured hell maybe ill go look too.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> There's always tons of 3/4 ton SF 14b ff at the yard on Monterey, I've never gone and not seen one there. Fronts are different, because most of the trucks tehre are usually 2wd. </font color>

7. gokartergo

I'll give her a call.. It might be the one yard that doesn't let you walk in..But I will find out..

8. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Did the sf ever come with a detroit? And would they be worth the effort installing or should i really look for a ff. Talking about your axles got me thinking....

9. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

The pick and pull in Moss Landing is right where all the others are... as you're driving in, it's the last one on the left. They usually don't have squat as far as Chebbies, but last time I was there, they had quite a selection and I scored 2 fenders off the same truck! /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

10. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

I went to the P&amp;P in Fremont. And it had my 14ff complete for $130.00. I would have got the Front end (outers) but someone got to it before I did. Think about the swap if you are going to do the 8 luger. Talk about 3/4 or 1 Ton O' Sheot to get. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Good luck.
    Don't forget there is a $2.00 fee. (so get your 2 bucks worth if you do go) /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. gokartergo

I have been to that one.. I think you just got lucky that day... The last junkyard on the right is where I found a Blazer and got some parts.. And I got my seats out of a aero star van there..Dan

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hey Ken you ment to say "Newark"

13. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Yep, the last one on the right... All American(?)... is the best one there. They usually have the best selection and that fat guy is a blast to haggle with /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. gokartergo

Yea he is a funny guy.. When he said $100.00 for the seats, I asked if it was for each or the pair. He said each side.. He caught me off gaurd..LOL

15. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

Evan-

let me know when you are going to go to the P&amp;P. After this last weekends trip up outside of Chico my rig needs a little help too. I've got pictures I'll post as soon as I get them developed...but lets just say....My blazer is now a cyclops because I jausted with a tree and it won.... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Nate

16. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Thats no good. Yeah Ill give you a call I am gunna try and go look at cars this weekend a little but i wanna go scout some yards.
    Evan

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

There's 3 Pick-N-Pulls around (in) Sacramento. We also have a street, Sunrise that is south of HWY 50 known as Recycle Row and tons of junk yards there (one being the Pick-N-Pull). Sucky thing most are you tell the part they pull it for you. There's lots of other wreckers and places in town to get stuff. Get a Sac phone book and check it maybe make a weekend of it because you really could! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif