Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pick-up rear window install

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Dec 10, 2002.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I know this is a K5 fourm but some of yall dive trucks what my question is whats involved in replacing a sliding rear window with a solid one? If I went to a junk yard what would I need to get ive looked in LMC and Chevy duty and only sal the glass it self for about $80 but I think theres a frame needed to /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif btw its for a '84 K10 Silverado

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Re: Pick-up rear window

Ive got the solid window and seal if your interested. And its within driving distance from you IIRC. You are down by Sarasota right?? Ive never priced a back glass, say 50 bux including the seal.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

im some what near there I guess but I cant make the drive thanks anyways though Im just wondering what I need to do it

4. Pure Insanity

The glass and the seal is all thats required.

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I went to the local junk yard and picked one up for $40 with the gasket but of course they wouldent let me go get it or watch the guy take it out so I have no clue how to get the old one out(old one is sliding new is solid) any advice I tryed pullen on it pretty hard but dident get any luck

6. bigbluek20

bigbluek20 1/2 ton status

I replaced my sliding rear with a solid (stupid rattling, view blocking piece of junk). Used the original gasket (should be the same).

As for getting the old one out, I used a few flathead screwdrivers to flex the gasket and started working my way up from a bottom corner from the inside pushing the glass out while screwdrivers were inserted. Took some patience, but less than an hour doing it myself.

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

well thanks for the info but I already did it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but for taking the old one out (dident have the side glass in) I had a freind pust the gasket while I pulled on it then I put a rag thoug it and went around pulling the hard part was putting the new one in but its done

8. Pure Insanity

Well at least I was close on the price. LOL!