Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pick up to burban: body mounts the same location?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ducttape114, Mar 3, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

im thinking i might make the front of the burban into a cab for my truck. so are the body mounts the same from the front of the second door forward? i could go measure but i thought if somone knew already it might same me some time. thanks

2. aahomerepair

aahomerepair Registered Member

on the 79 burban that i just cut up and got rid of
    the mounts behind the door where on the out side of the frame all the way back to the bumper.
    where as on a truck they are on the inside of the frame
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif to a /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    im thinking i might make the front of the burban into a cab for my truck. so are the body mounts the same from the front of the second door forward? i could go measure but i thought if somone knew already it might same me some time. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that one but I am putting my blazer body on a longbed pickup frame and some of the body mount will have to be reloctaed and not to mention the difference in height, the front is the same but the frame goes up right behind the cab as opposed to the blazer where it goes up a couple of feet further.
    But I will be dealing with that with some body lift blocks and repositionned mounts to minimize differences.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

imiceman44, blazen91 is doing the same thing. He calls it project Eyore. Go to www.socalbigdawgs.com and look through the gallery to see pics.