Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Picked up a 91 V2500 Burb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mini_mull, May 2, 2005.

1. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

1991 V2500 Suburban 350TBI/4L80E/NP241
    8 lug 10B & 8 lug 14BSF stuffed with 3.73 stock gears
    I just picked it up on Friday. It's clean, straight, and runs good.
    It just needs A/C (I know could be $$), windshield wipers fixed, and some odds and ends.
    (BTW, it's Ultra Metallic Blue, just looks black in pics)
    :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

Nice Score :D

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

You guys in AZ have it so good. :D

4. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

you gotta a great score....how much???? you gotta lose those hubcaps!!!

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Very nice score!! That truck is super clean. :cool1:

Is that a factory CD player? I didn't realize they were available.

6. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the props. I actually picked it up in San Diego (explains the sea turtle stickers) for $3K w/166K miles. Oh, and that's a tape player not a CD player. I was surprised how tight the steering was and how well it braked compared to all the 80s chevy's I've driven. I just hope the A/C doesn't kill me it's still R12 and hasn't been cold in at least a year, so it'll probably be an all out conversion. :frown1: Plus I think the exhaust is either shot, or has a leak. But I couldn't be happier. It was exactly what I was looking for even down to the color.
    :D :D :D :D

7. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

You lucky dog! I called that guy and talked to him for a few minutes. He didn't seem to know much about it. Didn't even know if it had a 454 or 350 (I assumed 350). Seemed like it could be a great deal though, and I'm glad to hear it was. Looks great! I didn't have the time to go check it out down there in SD, but I'm glad you did at least. Now I need to find one too. Congrats!

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice truck. Glad to see that it worked out. Looks great for the $$. If you need a spare set of those wonderful hubcaps, I think that I still have mine somewhere. :D

9. nvrenuf

Man, I can't help but stare at the interior pics thinking about how well that mint blue stuff would look in my crew cab. :rotfl: That really is a nice, clean truck. :deal:

Interesting... I noticed your motor has a serp belt system where my crew cab has the "regular" belt set up. :thinking:

10. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

interesting, cause I've not peeped under the hood of any crew cabs, but all the newer k5's/burbs had the serp belt setup.. i think it was 89 they started that.. maybe 88.....

Not only that, he got the pimping power mirrors, rear AC... hey, what is that other switch for?

11. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

My '91 Crew Cab doesnt have the serpentine either. It has everything else 454/4L80E/205, full power, pretty much loaded, but no serpentine.

I have talked with a few people with the newer crew cabs 89-91 and non of them have the serpentine either. Yet all the burbs and blazers I have seen do :dunno:

12. nvrenuf

Yeah, my K5 originally had the serp belt too. Strange... maybe it's a 1 ton vs all else thing?

I love the mirrors! I want some for my crew cab BAD!!

I was wondering about that extra switch too. :confused:

13. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

It's a rear window defroster. I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it in AZ. :D I forgot to mention, it doesn't have CA emmission equip, just federal, it started out life in TX, and moved to CA the following year. Got lucky on that one.

Wy4tt, your right the guy didn't have a clue about it. He had just bought it so his interior designer could drive it back and forth to Home depot ($$$). He had wanted to use it to haul cycles out to the desert, too, but his buddies all bought pickups so he only hauled with it twice. He put less than 1K miles on it in over a year. All he could tell me was that he'd just put new brakes on all fours and a new battery, and that it'd had a tune-up and oil change. I wish he'd known more, as he was an honest guy probably would have told me if anything else was suspect. Oh and I came on the same day as the guy that details his cars every two weeks, so it was spotless in and out. :D

That's wierd about the serp belt not being in crew cabs. I had always assumed they were exactly the same as the burbs. :dunno: Wonder why in the world GM did that, would seem simpler to just switch everything over. :confused:

I love the pwr mirrors, esp since the mirrors on my 87 realigned themselves every time I slammed the door. Kinda a pain to put down the window and lean over to the passenger side to pull in the window, esp when you're 5'2" and 9 months pregnant. :grin:

14. nvrenuf

Wow, I didn't picture you as being pregnant. :p:

15. nvrenuf

:doah: I just looked at your profile :doah:

I never realized you were a lady. :tips hat: I thought you were a "he" and I was going to be clever with the pregnant remark. Not that it matters, I'm just pointing out that I'm too ADD to notice details. :surepal: :rotfl:

Back on topic - That Sub rocks and I still want the interior. :saweet: :saweet:

What plans do you have for it? Maybe something like this...

[​IMG]

16. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

It's a good catch, for sure. Matter of fact, now that I hear your report, I'm a little jealous! ;)

17. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :haha: :haha: :woot: :woot:

Can you imagine that burb pulling up and a 5'2" pregnant women hops down out of the drivers seat? :yikes: :yikes: :saweet: :saweet:

18. nvrenuf

She said she's 9 months along, that would be one way to induce. :rotfl:

19. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I love ratzilla's burb, but it'd be kinda hard to get an infant seat and a 4 year old up there, don't ya think. :D Plus, my burbs body is so clean and straight, I don't think I could cut it (at least for now). I was thinking more along the lines of 4" all spring w/33x12.50s then adding a 1" body later and moving up to 35s. Then of course there's the disced shaved 14BFF stuffed w/ 4.56s and the new 14BFF ARB, an HT 383, an uneeded D60, and much, much more. My detailed orig plans for the '87 are on the website in my sig, I just need to adjust them for the '91 instead. It's going to be a DD, grocery getter, camping/hunting machine, trailer hauler, and all around fun to drive 4x4, so I won't be getting too radical in any one direction. Just an all around strong multipurpose 4x with a straight body and clean int. I plan on driving it for the next 10 to forever years, so even years down the road when we can hopefully afford a new one, I'll just keep on modding and upgrading this one. I've always prefered older fixed just the way I want it, to new stockers. I'm hoping to learn bit by bit and do most the work myself with guidance, of course.

20. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

:haha: :rotfl: :haha:

Too bad there are no hospitals out on the trails or in the deserts, in another week I'll be desparate enough to start jumping the burb to induce, of course we're still in LA, so the freeways are crappy enough you feel like you're offroad. I'm sure I could find some potholes big enough for the same effect. :D