Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

picked up a york yesterday

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hammer, Feb 24, 2002.

1. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I just picked up a york compressor yesterday at the local u-pull it. They had a sale yesterday for $5.99 any pump but after 10 min of trying to get the studs out of the compressor I bought the bracket also and a $10 core charge for the (OLD) compressor It cost me $22. Got all lines to cuz I didn't have big wrenches but I might use the AC line to go flare(if it is haven't looked yet) to another flare to standared pipe size to save a couple bucks instead of buying the fittings from onboard.com. I will take pics for bracket style and fittings for everybody to see. I also found a 2 1/2 gallon air tank for like $40 through summit. It is a long stroke 10r out of a 1983 volvo vagon that some body needed the whole front end so it was right the engine wide open. that was cool

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

2. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

Just curious, but how could a junk yard charge a core charge???

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/custar/index.html>My truck</a>

3. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

to make more money cuz they know you are not bringing the old one back.

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

4. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

I would have argued. Core Charge is because the company is going to send one back to have it rebuilt. Just seems like BS to me. But, still not a bad price I guess

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/custar/index.html>My truck</a>

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The reason they charge a core charge is because like any other business, they are in business to make money. They want your old part back because they turn it in for scrap value. Aluminum pays very well for scrap but iron doesn't pay hardly anything. So there you have it, the long and short of it.

1989 blazer, 383 stroker, D44 / 14FF, 4.56, locked, 35 BFG mud
    Scott