Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Picked up my new motor today! woohoo!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rebelk5frk, Feb 18, 2003.

1. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

I just picked up my new 350 longblock today from the machine shop. Started to tear apart the old motor this afternoon and should have a strong healthy K5 tomorrow.

My poor tired engine has been dying for so long I almost don't remember what a real 350 feels like anymore. I can't wait.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Cool, I'm sure it'll be a big improvement. Did you go with stock internals, or pony it up a bit?

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Sweet!
    New motors are always fun. Keep us posted on the install! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

you dont need a fresh new 350, its a waist of time, but since you already started assemble it and then send it to
    po box 58 west plains mo, 65775
    lol i need one really bad, i can tell how excited you are trust me, how much you gonna have in it, just curious cause im trying to decide on what to do with mine
    congradulations either way /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

new motors kick arse! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

just came out of the garage where I pulled my engine out of the K5, new long block should be coming back from the machinist this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I will know just how you feel in a couple days.

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

It's been bored 30 over and has a bit bigger cam in it and will have a new intake. I'm also going to put new exhaust with headers on it while I'm at it since my exhaust is hurting pretty bad too. Looks like the final price will be a little 1000 for the motor and headers then another 300 for new dual exhaust.

Plus whatever it ends up costing for all the new oil, coolant, plugs, etc. I'll also be changing all the fluids on the truck since I can't remember when the last time I changed the diff's

Not too bad for a 2 year warranty and still have an old motor I can sell to offset the cost a little.