Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Picked up the K5 today.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Aug 23, 2001.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Truck is out of the tranny shop, got a shift kit installed along with the rebuild including a new converter, flywheel, rear main seal and tranny mount for $1195 at Plano Transmission. They seem to have done a really good job, I've already put about 100 miles on her, and it shifts pretty nice, a little higher than stock. So far I really like it. Never thought I would miss it so much, but maybe it had something to do with driving a minivan while it was in the shop...

90K5

2. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

good luck with the new tranny
    i know exactly how you feel too cause mines about to loose her th350 and i will be stuck driving the wifes accord : (

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

for those of you in AZ you can have a TH350 built very nice like for 400 dollars. you do the R/R. all they do is the trans work.
    Place is called action bearring. it is in yuma.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

man I wish plano trans was a lot closer to me... man they seem to have some pretty sweet trans, and at some point I'm going to have that raptor sitting in Jedi Mind Trick!

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff</a>

6. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Make sure to change the trany fluid at the first 500 miles to remove any crud in the pan from the rebuild. I know tci recomends this. Good luck with the tranny!

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

thanks DMK. never heard of that.

90K5