Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pickup bed on suburban?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by freeflow, Mar 21, 2006.

1. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

will a 80's chevy short bed fit on a suburban frame? im cutting the top of the back of the suburban and the rear floor area has some rough spots. i know the mounts and axle location will be off. But other than that would it fit?

thanks
    brad

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

sure anything can be made to fit, your a redneck :D im not sure looking outside at the burb in the parking lot it looks like it would or maybe you might have to cut the pickup bed down some . but if you want it on bad enough you can rig something up so it will fit . :D

3. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

ok still narrowing down the pro's and con's of either turning the suburban into a 4 door short bed or going with a 90's chevy or dodge extended cab short bed:rolleyes: tough decison haha

Now are suburban frames and crew cab frames the same? except for length. Do they both bend up right behind the rear seats like a suburban frame? if they do im gonna find a short bed and toss it on there i think-if i go that route.

thanks

brad