Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pickup bench in 76-77 Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LittlePig, Feb 29, 2004.

1. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I did a search, can't find anything on this where someone actually went through with this. Is it possible to mount a bench seat from a late '70s -early '80s GM pickup in a 76-77 Blazer? Specifically, are the seat mounting holes in more or less the same place? I don't mind losing the flip-forward passenger seat, since I don't plan to have a back seat (no leg room anyway). I realize the bench will sit lower than the buckets, and I will deal with that if/when I get that far. Thanks.

2. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

i have a set up in my 83 that uses a loback for the driver and there is a 2 person bench as as the right passenger. there is no center console the bench has shorter legs on one side so it moungts on the hump under the console. the po did this. the seats are not modified at all but they do fit. there is a gap between the bench and driver seat, i gues the blazer cab is wider. im getting of it though because i want something nicer than the lobacks. the gap between the two seats is about 8 inches (guessing).

3. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

LOL...The floor boards aren't even close...
    the p/u has a raised area...the k5 doesn't have..

A month ago...
    I came across a k5 with a bench seat...
    they actually welded a p/u floor to the k5 floor...
    Someone put alot of work getting a bench seat in that sucker!!! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Bench onto K5 wouldn't be too bad, just weld up some nice riseres for the rear tabs

5. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Thanks all for the ideas and info.