Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pickup cab blazer frame

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tomford, Jan 17, 2007.

1. tomford

tomford 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i know ive seen pics here before but i wasent sure what to search. What needs to be done to run a pickup cab on a blazer frame? will it line up or what

thanks for the info

tom ford

2. mrdrinksalil

mrdrinksalil 1/2 ton status

Trazzzzer

What year is the Blazer frame? I'm in the process of putting a 82 cab on a 85 blazer frame. The front cab mounts are the same you just need to fab up a crossmember for the rear cab mounts. Many have used the factory truck crossmemeber and raised it up with some home made brackets. I chose to build an entire crossmember and will later tie the rear cab mounts into the rollbar/rear cage. Here is my build link on my Clubs site.. the pic only shows half my crossmember because its not installed yet.

http://georgiatrailrunners.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1446

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i went with the origional mounts.here are some pics,sorry it was dark and scary outside.:haha: :haha: i didn't measure them tonight. if you want to go that route i will for ya.:D i aimed blindly with the cam

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

don't pay attention to the bungie cord exaust straps.i'll have the flow masters on by spring. HA HA HA

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

If memory serves the older blazer frames, in the 70's are a direct bolt on. I did the swap and don't remember any issues at all. It was also a 70's, mid to late, cab.

7. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Yea for an 80's frame your going to need to fab up something for the rear crossmember, but its pretty easy. I used the crossmember from a pickup truck and cut some plates that were welded on top of the frame and then the crossmember bolted to them.

The front mounts line right up. Big Dan posted the link to my body swap thread so you can see pictures there. I made to sure to get a lot of close-ups because I know there are a lot of people that want to do this.