Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pickup cab on blazer frame

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big75jimmy, Nov 23, 2001.

1. big75jimmy

big75jimmy Registered Member

has anyone put a pickup cab on a blazer frame? Are the body mount locations the same? What is involved?

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I saw it once in 4wheeler mag and heard of people doing it.

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

the cab fits, but you have to shorten the bed

'95 Chevy Silverado 1500
    5.7 V8-NV4500- 3.73 rears

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

A buddy of mine here in town put a regular cab on a Blazer frame after he rolled it. It's the '72 cab and chassis though. Still looks good too. He installed a 2" lift and 33" tires. He is running a flatbed though. I will get pics posted soon. [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

5. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

BLASPHEMERS!

you're not alone in this atrocious butchery..... my father brought this one up..... why you people would want to convert a blazer into a pickup is beyond me....

....okay obviously there may be legitimate reasons, but i think it's a real shame!!

....maybe my judgement is colored by the fact that i have two pickups as it is, and don't need a third...

greg

6. big75jimmy

The reason that I am interested in doing this is that my blazers's body it rusted out and the passenger side is totally destroyed from trail damage and I can get a good '77 pickup for cheap or even free

7. a guy in town has a cab and custom shortened bed on a blazer frame. they did a nice job, it looks factory. i think a flatbed would look cool too.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

8. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

a guy in the four wheeler top truck chalenge had an s-10 cab on his rig, but he did not have the bed. fourwheelers web site may still have photo's from that on their page. It is "www.fourwheeler.com

16, 88 jimmy, give me advise if i ask for it, please!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    A guy in town took the topper off his blazer and welded up the back of a truck cab right behind the front seats and then stripped everything out of the back of it making it a pickup again. It looks really good. He took his time and made sure it was done right. I didn't know it was a blazer until I saw the decals!

10. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

I have put a pick-up body on a Blazer frame, I used a 77 frame which was a straight frame like a pick-up has and the third set back body mounts were inbd of the frame rails like a pick-up.You could probably use the 80s frame and relocate the threaded holes on the cab rear support channel.
    I cut a short box down 11" right behind the first stake pocket where the tank door was and used the door in the back where the Blazer fill goes.
    It used to have alot of people stratching there heads wondering because it just didnt look right for a short bed but it had a full cab back.
    I have since sold the truck but I had it over ten years and it went thru many changes over the years(tires,axles,trans,springs,etc.).
    Some pictures of it on pg.14 in the members rides, click on the camo Blazer.

RGF

11. big75jimmy

Thanks. Now I have an idea of what it might look like.

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

how about a modified crew cab? I guess you'd have to cut the rear half for tire clearance? I just think that a crew cab on a blazer with about a 2' flat bed would rock!!! At least for my application...

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

13. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I saw a Ford crew cab like that.Its was sweet.It looked like a little more work than I wanted to get into so I just went with the regular cab.Im gonna use a step side bed with some small trailer fenders instead of the huge stock ones.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>