Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pickup guys.. bucket seat ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1badv10, Mar 4, 2004.

1. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

pickup guys.. bucket seat ?\'s

truck is an 87 v10, has stock bench seat i want to put a set of junkyard bucket seats in w/ a little side support. i found a set out of an early 90s s10 blazer, but my ? is does anyone make a mounting kit for buckets? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif i know the floor is different than the k5s .... any ideas (or pics /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif) would be a big help.......Patrick

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: pickup guys.. bucket seat ?\'s

Check to see if your floor pan has the same mounts as a V10 with factory buckets. If it has, I'd just get a set of runners from a junk yard then with a 'bracket here and there' you should be able to make almost any seat fit. I've just put Corbeau recliner buckets and full harness in my '78 on to the stock runners with very little trouble. The '78 runners are different to my '91 but not that much. (apart from the '78 passenger seat tilt and the later ones slide. A bit of minor fabing and welding and you should be able to fit a nice set of sports seats from a car! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

thanks bro... i have checked around most of the local junk yards havent been able to come up with the brackets i need. any body know if any other vehicles may have the same brackets or if anybody sells em after market(for racing seats maybe) thanks

4. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Check the buckets out in chev , dodge vans .
    You may be able to modify them to fit , they seem to use a universal base for most of them /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif