Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pickup pool?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87sm465np208, Jul 6, 2003.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif has anyone ever done this, put a plastic painters tarp in their bed of their truck and filled it up with water and used it as a temporary pool?, i really wanna do this with my short bed, any inquires are wanted. and no i dont think i will try to drive around with the water in the bed /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

sounds fun and costs next to nothing, try it and take pics! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

No reason it wouldnt work but before you do take into consideration the weight issue.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Based upon a bed that is 6x6x2 that would come out to about 523 gallons, which would be about 4366 lbs (if my calculations are correct /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

6. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Yeah! Me and a buddy were camping at Lake Sonoma 'bout 10 years ago and we did that with his ford ranger. There was a hose bib with some extreme pressure right next to our campsite. It would fill up an Alhambra water bottle in about 10 seconds. I don't know how many trips it took, 'cause we were prety drunk. After we kicked it for a while, he decide to drive like a maniac doing laps around the campsite with me in back. Everyone thought we were nuts, but I could tell they were jealous. Ahh, good times, good times....

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

yes, it works /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. 87sm465np208

lol is it 6x6x2? i dunno, i really dont care about weight as long as my springs and frame dont break or anything else, but i wanna try it, ill get me a plastic mat and get to it on a sunny sunday or saturday off., pics will be in order yes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ive thought about doing this laot, but. make sure oyur tailgate wil stay shut for sure thats alot of force up against it ! i cant do that with my current pickup because the lower pass side hinge rusted off the bedside... gate fell off one day, had already been welded back to bedside once int he past

have fun !

10. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

YES!!! It is a lot of fun. My buddy and I did that last summer at the towing yard where we work. It was about 100 out and we were having a slow day. Took his 85? shortbed with 4" and 33's and put a plastic sheet in the back. Filled it up with the hose, and just hung out there all day. Felt like such a hick, it was great! If i can somehow figure out how to post a picture up here, i will show you. I say DO IT!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Me and some buddys did that one time, it was hotter then blazes out and hte pool was closing because a storm was supposed to be coming in like a half hour, so we filled my my pickup with water. It was a 1/2 Ton Scottsdale 2wd, with a 6.2 and a Longbox. She handled it ok, springs were bottomed out though. So when we drove around I left it in 1 for the gear. If you do it and drive around make sure you dont have a sliding window open, I thank my stars that truck had a one peice, otherwise my who cab woulda had water in it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Ok... Here is a pic of us... That is me in the middle..
    [image]http://community.webshots.com/photo/80366849/80367727FqOMNg[/image]

13. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep....we filled the 8ft bed about 1/2 full!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    but we used the water to wake-up a sleeping mudhole!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    It took a while to fill...about 20 minutes!!!

14. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

*stares in disappointment*

15. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

ok.. image didn't work. Can anybody help me?

16. 87sm465np208

copy and paste the address to your address bar, and click GO, worked for me /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif