Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pickup tailgate on a k5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1990K5, Sep 7, 2001.

1. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

i have no guts in my tailgate on my 1990k5, its almost time to put the top back on and i was going to put a fixed piece of plxyglass in for a back window (any better ideas?) since i cant open the k5 tailgte from the outside i thought of useing a truck tailgate, will this work? what about my spare tire latch?

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Was your tailgate Power and if so id you leave the key switch in? If so why not get a pop solenoid. Tailgates are the same but mounint is diffenant.Blazers mount on bottom and trucks mount on sides....

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

3. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I have a pickup tailgate in mine. Its fits perfectly. I only run a soft top anyway so I had no need for the Blazer tailgate. Plus, my snaps are on the pickup tailgate for the soft top.

74 Blazer
    Zepplin
    Check out my Blazer <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976>http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976</a>

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

if you get the brackets they will bold right on...all the holes are there so it wouldent be a problem doin it.

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!</font color=blue> [​IMG]