Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics - 38.5 TSL's, 4" + 3" lift, trimming and stuffed.. a little too much!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BorregoK5, Jun 27, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Pics - 38.5 TSL\'s, 4\" + 3\" lift, trimming and stuffed.. a little too much!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A budy of mine snapped these as I called out for a check on the back end... was wondering how bad it was rubbing the fender in the back cause it was making a horrendous noise... oops! Time to cut some more... 4" susp and 3" body on 38's is cutting it close, but got to love the low center of gravity!

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: Pics - 38.5 TSL\'s, 4\" + 3\" lift, trimming and stuffed.. a little too much!

Dang bud, that is some SERIOUS flex..........nice work on the rear shackles. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Pics - 38.5 TSL\'s, 4\" + 3\" lift, trimming and stuffed.. a little too much!

HOLY!!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif THATS AWESOME! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif When is the next late lunch on 38's coming out? I'm a fan waiting in line... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool and that is some awesome flex check mine out with 38's and 2.5in lift [​IMG]

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Wow.../forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Rene

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Mudhog - Nice, and it looks like you had a lot less trimming to do with the thinner 38's and stock backspacing! Blazers are great!

Next Late Lunch video will hopefully be a run up to Los Coyotes with a bunch of the SoCal trucks... I'm gearless in the front end right now waiting to press some new bearings in... still. The Detroit stacked in the back has kept me crawling in the mean time, I just use momentum a bit more! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. mudhog

they are 13in wide and on 6.75in wide rims so it keeps them inside the fender wells /forums/images/icons/smile.gif my next set will be 6in lift and 44's /forums/images/icons/smile.gif what setup are you running to get that much flex? that is sweet /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and you are right gota love the lower center of gravity /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I made a test run on the 38's recently, its not quite Late Lunch quality but was good review material for making adjustments, hence the pics above. I ran in 2 wheel drive with the sway bar connected to keep from eating more fender (which it did anyhow)

http://www.echobit.com/video/1ton-k5-38s.wmv

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

With 44's comes a whole new set of modifications!! Sitting on a 6" with them would be slick though! I'm running a prototype version of my special sauce ( http://www.echobit.com/fabrication/catalog/fab-catalog-shackleflip.shtml ) and some 57" f150 leafs. It's done me good so far, enough to convince me to stick with leafs for a while longer rather than coils.

10. mudhog

those are very cool ill keep those in mind when i go to lift mine more /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. ol_grayfeather

ol_grayfeather Registered Member

Gonna have to get me a set of those. And one of those stroked 400's too. Pretty snazzy

Dan

12. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

What are you doing with that much fender? Cut that stuff off! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I have my 39.5's ready to go, just waiting on my beadlocks. I only have 6" of lift in the rear but plan on cutting a tad more also, metal is way over rated.

13. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

dude...those 57 inchers let you stuff that much!? what does you pack have in it...and did you relocate the axle? i want to do this too.

14. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the stuff caught me off guard too! My 57" ford springs were a set of 4 leaf plus overlaod from a mid 80's f150. I mixed in a few of my stock k10 leafs to get the right lift for my setup. I redrilled the main leaf only by 1 1/2" which placed the axle back by 1/2" and restored my wheel in the center of the wheel well again. I'm headed out today to get a couple more sets of the 57" springs so I can get a little more creative with the mixing and matching. I'll probably redrill the whole pack this time as Marv Springer had suggested. I'm currently running without bump stops as I've never needed them before, but I'm getting a set now!

15. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Mike,

That flex looks really good...

It's funny!... with the 52 inchers - you loosen clamps and try other stuff to try to wring out some travel. Switching to the F-150's takes you to a whole new level. Suddenly your problems are not in getting flex, but in controlling it /forums/images/icons/cool.gif - and yes, you need bumpstops, longer brakelines, start chewing on the inner fenderwells, and in your case /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif even the outer fenders!

Nice job!

Marv

16. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Pretty impressive, but I'll be really impressed when you get that thing through "the squeeze" like you claim you can /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif.

17. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

heh heh heh heh....
    A freind of mine is lifting his mid 80's ford soon and is replacing the rear springs....guess who's got dibs on 'em? [​IMG]

18. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

No squeeze for me anymore, the 38's stick out way too far now. I'll come up the back side though!

19. Chevy Duty

Chevy Duty Registered Member

You guys beat the hell outa me! LOL heres my kiddo [​IMG]

20. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

What backspacing are you useing? Even w/ 52" springs it is the innerfender (& shocks) that is holding me up. I opened up the rear along time ago on the outter. The spacers or a van housing seem to be what would make the biggest dif. Or am I way off base?