Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PICS ADDED!!! anybody looking for a CHEAP project car?

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by beater_k20, Nov 14, 2006.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my buddy just bought a house, and has no room for it anymore, on top of having no time.

1972 Firebird Esprit
    Pontiac 350/TH350
    factory AC car!

lived the first 32? ( i cant remember exactly when we shipped it from AZ :dunno: ) years of its life in AZ, and has been here for at least 2 years. leaky window seals claimed the drivers side rear floor under the seat the one winter it sat outside despite being covered, and the rear quarters have some very light rust in them. overall a VERY solid car. drives decent, needs a little brake work (new pads, rotors, MC, booster done) might just need bled. of course, being a lifelong AZ car, the interior is/was trashed. needs a dash seats recovered, carpet, etc. and some minor mechanicals. would definitely make a GREAT project compared to 99% of the midwestern cars out there.

he's talking like $750 OBO. that's less than i paid to have it shipped from Phoenix! :eek1:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You can't leave chit outside there :eek1: Thats it I declare it a law our cars stay here in AZ :wink1:

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

if i would've known it was gonna be outside, trust me, i would've never paid to ship it here.

4. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got any pics? What color is this car? I need to know more to convince the wife my 7 mo. old needs a project car already.:D Although she knows that the 70-73 firebirds are my favorites. What ratio is the rear and are there any rust holes in it other than the rear floor?

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

he says he'll be getting some pics soon, the rear quarters are a little soft, but not terrible. the car is silver in color, but a poor repaint is painfully obvious. he did a little sanding on it, and found that the silver wasnt the only repaint. i was under it a couple weeks ago putting the trans back in, he just put all new seals in it (i should've supervised, it still leaks) and the underside of the car is rock solid. i think we determined that it was 3.08 rear, although its been a couple years since we discussed it.

he's also got some other parts that arent included with the car, but could be bought separately. one piece in particular is a factory fiberglass Ram Air hood for the car, although it needs some repair in the corners. being a fan of the 70-73 Birds, you know just how rare that hood is.

he's also got all new door and trunk rubber for it.

another neat thing is the Pontiac Rally wheels, i really like them. dont remember if they're 14" or 15".

6. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Is he interested of getting into fourwheeling & trailriding?:D I've a heck of a trade for him.: 2 seat K5 buggy, chevy drivetrain 355,400,203 1/2ton axle, 33" tires.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

nope, 2 car garage + 1 boat + 1 Lexus + 1 Tundra = no room for another vehicle. the thing is just sitting now, and he's getting tired of looking at it. he works like 70 hours a week, and has no time to do anything with it.

8. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

I'm interested. Any luck with pics.

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

not yet, calling him right now to remind him.

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

FINALLY! focking pictures.... :screwy:

2100_0357.jpg

2100_0359.jpg

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

and some more

2100_0361.jpg

2100_0362.jpg

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

last 2

and that is a reflection of a tree on the windshield.

2100_0363.jpg

2100_0364.jpg

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

a little note from the owner

the wheels are 14" Pontiac Ralleys, altough not pictured, all 4 are there. i've actually got a 5th 14" Ralley that i'll throw in for a spare to one of you guys.

Formula hood pictured with the car is not included in the price, but can be bought separately. its just sitting on top of the stock hood right now. IIRC nothing wrong with the stock hood, he just liked the look of the Ram Air scoops more. it does give it a distinctively more agressive look, especially when combined with a rear spoiler. we've got another buddy with a '74 Firebird ('70 Formula 400 clone), and his looks mean as hell.

14. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Gotta work out some details here first. Thanks for the pics. How much for the R/A hood? He also mentions a complete rubber nose. Would that be the endura nose from a T/A and how much?

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

he says like $1200 for the car including the hood and the front bumper.

the hood alone goes for quite a bit. there's one on EBay right now with a starting bid of 425 in comparable condition.

something else that wasnt mentioned before, there's a 400 block and TH400 trans sitting in my garage that belongs to him as well, and we've talked about selling it before. just the block rotating assembly and the heads, i'll have to ask him about those too.

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

anybody interested? midwest guys, you're not gonna find one this solid around here for this kind of money...

17. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Jeremy, would shipping be available?

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

we shipped it before via www.DASAutoShippers.com when we brought it from Phoenix. price has gone up considerably since then. i'm not really sure who has a terminal close to here though. :dunno:

19. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

all the other parts wouldnt be a problem shipping with the car, but the hood would be a pretty big issue too. shipping for them isnt cheap.

20. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Shipping is only 460... if the car can make it to a terminal, around 1200 if it needs to be picked up/ dropped off. Does it run and drive?