Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics and how to do half doors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5texan, Jan 23, 2003.

1. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

i got a spare set of doors and want some half doors. i was wanting some pictures to go by and my main question is how do you work around the latch. do you just have to cut around it or is there an easy way to make a new one. any info is appreciated.
    thanks
    jared

2. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

it really depends on how low you wnt to go. if you want to go low enough to see but still ahve protection from branches and a lttle mud, then you cn just take the latch mechanism and re-locate it lower on the door. if you plan on cutting to where the latch would be too low for your comfort, jut dont do a latch, or make it on the to pof the door, where the lock used to be. i dont ahev any pics up but when myne are doine, i shoudl ahve some.

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Just go crazy with the sawzall and weld in some bars! I talked to an upholstery shop about vinyl doors with snaps and windows and they are goingo to cost me $100. I still have to trimming to do but here are mine....

[​IMG]

4. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status