Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics and vids of off roading in va

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5dreamer, Apr 23, 2007.

1. K5dreamer

K5dreamer 1/2 ton status

hey all, well see if these work, pics and vids of my trip the weekend down to rahleigh springs down near harrisonburg virginia. tons of fun, it was the first offroading ive ever done in the truck. nothing major, ran into some boulders that were too much for the truck to handle and had to turn back down the mountain. stuck to playin in mud puddles down at the bottom :)

wound up knockin a battery loose which took out the coolant level sensor on the radiator. the first fix was the foam rubber handle off an ice scraper, rolled up and stuffed in the hole, that was later replaced by a wine cork with a screw pulling the corkscrew hole. oddly enough corks fit that hole perfectly. so, as a result, the truck now is the proud owner of a brand new radiator lol. great weekend all around, couldnt have asked for better weather. and while the turbo and bigger tires arent really something i need to do right now, i definatly decided the 4in lift is a very worth while investment for the near future. :)

the last three are vids, click on them and the photobucket page opens and plays the vids, sorry for the crappy quality, my camera is cheap ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

were are you located???i live in richmond

3. K5dreamer

K5dreamer 1/2 ton status

i live in alexandria, just south of D.C. but ive got a bunch of friends that live down in harrisonburg, JMU students, so i went down to visit. probly be goin alot this summer. do some campin and whatnot. next trip down im gonna probly check out a place called reddish knob. one of the mountains down there.

4. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

wanna come to richmond this weekend were having a meet and greet saterday..some other guys from nova are coming also..here is the link i dont know if you can see it or not cause your not a member but here ya go...http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205155

5. K5dreamer

K5dreamer 1/2 ton status

thanks for the invite, but sorry to say, last weekend was playtime, ive got wayyyyy to much to get done this weekend :mad:

definatly drop me a line for the next one though, id totally be game for it if i didnt have so much goin on.

6. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

wow, that's a great looking rig. have fun with it.