Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics--- Finally :-) My K5 check them out

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Oct 21, 2001.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.wytbear.com/adamsfamily>http://www.wytbear.com/adamsfamily</a>

Check these out,,, Todd 78/87 ( Former owner of this BAD A** K5 ) an I had a blast today!!I Will upgrade the pics etc. later but this is to give everybody an Idea of the K5 for now!

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

nice! Looks tough with that bumper up front....
    Are those rims factory? I see thoserims on alot of vehicles...look alot like stock ram charger rims...never really cared for them...jsut curious though...overall looks liek you got a clean rig and nice setup

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

4. twenty_below0

The rims are probly stock but there 15x10 so I dont know for sure , the former owner had them on the truck when i got it,I think there called renegades??Try to get some pics of the motor later that's what makes it nice...

Stats are:350, 30 over flat tops, Crane, Accel, Edelbrock, K&amp;N, Headers , Dynomax 2&amp;1/4" duals. Locker in the rear and slip in the front, 3:73 Gears,built t.350 with NP203 P/T kit custom drive lines etc. always something else to build, go faster and farther....never ending project!! And I love it!

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

whats the lift on it?? and tire size? Its about the height and functionability i'd want my daily driver

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

6. twenty_below0

The lift is a 4" EZ-ride with dual shocks in the front and singles in the rear, 33" (sidewinder)Buckshot mudders, the former owner started the build and I was able to get it from him and finish what he started, I drive it everyday atleast fifty miles and have know complaints except the fuel bill, 7mpg.It is a 78 with the front clip of an 87' Todd basically put the cosmetics together and I finished the wheelin aspects of the truck, mechanics....I actually traded him a 90' toyota for the K5, what a steal, since I sold my last K5 I've been kicking myself for it, and when the chance presented it's self I jumped on it........his loss, I had 3,000.00 in the Toy which I bought to help out a friend in need and he had well over that in the Blazer so I can't complain!

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I remember everyone used to call those Western Wheels back in the day when they were "new".

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

8. 1bad82k5

1bad82k5 1/2 ton status

Nice rig.
    eric

Don't get me started, you know how i get.
    82k5, 14bff, d44, sm465, np205, 300hp350, rust

9. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

So what happened to Todd78/87? I used to talk to him all the time... Tell him Howdy for me next time you see him!

89 K5 Silverado
    <a target="_blank" href=http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com>http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com</a>

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Nice rig! Looks like a fun area to 'wheel too!

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

11. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

That is a nice rig. Is that a Warn Classic bumper?

<font color=red>"SETTING OFF ALARMS IN A CITY NEAR YOU!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

12. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Nice truck, but what I really noticed was how lucky you are to have such a nice looking family. Must make you proud to have this family AND a K5. You are one lucky man!

A good firm grip is my idea of gun control!

13. twenty_below0

Todd is here in Haines, he is currently running/part owner in an internet provider...( wytbear.com) He is a really cool guy, i took him fishing out here by my house and we caught 15 or 20 silver salmon in about a half an hour, yesterday, we had a blast, I told him just because he gave up his K5 for a toyota didn't mean he wasn't allowed on the site, maybe he's............ ashamed..LOL. I would be, I will tell him to get on here and haller at everyone.

14. twenty_below0

I believe that it is a classic ...not for sure though, came with the winch I bought from an old timer here, which I've since had to completely rebuild...but works great now and much more dependable, and yes I DO have a great family!!!!!

15. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Great Looking K5 its nice to see another ALASKAN plate on here also!

1985 GMC JIMMY

16. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Nice deal! As I recall Todd had that truck right! Guess it's up to you to send us the first snow shots of the year. Heard they got 5 inches in Anchorage last week. You get any yet?

Yeah, I hit the Kenai and Anchor last month for silvers (dollies and trout) on the fly ... boyhood dream come true!

17. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

I like the rims. They're not factory, but that style was pretty popular in the 80's. Several companies made them. I have a set of Hurricanes which are very similar, but have more spokes.
    They might be Vortex's, made by Western I think, though as I said, they were made by several companies.

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

18. twenty_below0

Yeah Todd started the build and I've since finished it pretty much ( less a few more thousand $$ ) and yes we have had snow here....3 inches for a couple days last week....about the same time as up north, will get some pics up when it gets deep and we start to play in it!!

19. 90idahoblazer

90idahoblazer 1/2 ton status

We got 8" of snow in eastern Idaho last week.....We were fishing for rainbows at Henerys lake in a blizzard....Nice Truck....I would like to get that winch/bumper set up my self....

20. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I picked up a set of those rims about 6 yrs ago from a guy. He told me they are made by American Racing, and just called them Turbines. I really like the look of them. I just bought a new set of steel modulars so the Turbines are for sale now. You cant buy anything like them new any more, so hopefully they will go fast

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>