Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics from last weekend, a little mud, a little breakage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 17, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I robbed the motor out of my Suburban and threw it in the Truck Blazer just so I could take it out for the weekend.

Several friends went out, including Dave in the Blue Suburban, Matt in the Black Blazer, Eric in the white '77 K20 (eclipse), Jon in the primer '80 K20, Brad in the blue/stripe K5, and others.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This guy hit the holes at the end so hard that his 465/205 adapter broke clean in half.
    [​IMG]

Me being loud with open headers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's ok for me to do some "fine tuning" isn't it?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  2. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

cool pics....

what size tires/lift was the blazer that got stuck running? the one in the first pic.

3. mountainexplorer

He has about 5" of lift, 4" springs, rear shackle flip, 38" Boggers, Dana 60 and 14-bolt, with Detroits front and rear. But from others being stuck and digging holes, the axles just high centered, leaving all 4 tires to spin.

4. undr8ed

undr8ed Registered Member

Nice pics!!! I've seen too many people in that hole...

I was going to try and make it out, but had a few issues with fixing my steering box cracks...

Let me know the next time you guys are going out and I'll tag along :cool1:

5. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

hehe i find it funny when you say i took the motor outta the burb and put it in this truck just so i could play this weekend, u make it sound like you just changed ur tires from street to mud.. must be cool to be that mech. inclined! sick pictures too!

6. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Swapping a motor is easier than you may think...especially when you've done a few.

7. mountainexplorer

My "kids" often go through organ transplants when necessary.

My Suburban had to come apart anyway, since I needed to replace motor mounts, re-do some wiring, and swap in an NV4500 and NP205, along with swap in other axles with 4.56 gears. Basically, I've torn it down again to just a frame and body.

But for now, the motor gets to power the Truck Blazer, which looks more and more like a trailer queen.

But we had a little fun today. Spent 30 minutes messing around on some light trails... then 2.5 hours of me trying to load back onto the trailer cause of a flat I got 50 feet from back on the road.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally got to see Kevin's (Reeser)'s Blazer out doing something. 5.13 gears and Detroits front and rear.
    [​IMG]

8. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

it looks like you had a great time. when i see wheelin pics it kills me cause by blazer is not running yet. its my first 4x4 project, well really my 2nd as i started tearing apart a 89 srw crew cab 1 ton 4x4 first. so yes i have two projects going at once. i'm a meathead. but my 73 blazer is priority.:)