Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics from Mountain Explorer Country; City Edition

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 6, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's truck repair season in our neck of the woods. Had to stay in the big city (well, Spokane) this weekend to start catching up on projects down here.

My red '84 with the plow came back to the house from another friends place 10 blocks away, and worked on it. People I knew who needed parts stopped by one after the other Friday night after work, and I couldnt even start on any projects.

Woke up to the phone ringing off the hook cause of my parts ad.
    Time to start tearing apart a rolled K5, but not until after I let some friends drive it glassless around the neighborhood. The hood popped up once, so it got bungee'd down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At our rental house a block north, Dave with the Blue Suburban and his son Matt finish replacing head gaskets on his Suburban.
    [​IMG]

A friend's truck is undergoing a weekend makover in my driveway. Started this eveing at 4pm when he drove it here... they yanked the front clip, 350, tranny and t-case, and we got a 465/205 up in it. Just his 454 motor install and drivelines left and pedal assembly that I pulled from the '84, and two fenders that we got from 77fixer near Boise.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I finally got my steering column changed and pedal assembly in the '84 and normal shift linkage. Now the truck features low AND high beams, wipers that turn off, and a shifter that works.

I always knew front clips made good tables.
    [​IMG]

2. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

Haha Travis cruising around in that rolled blazer and doing burnouts :grin:

Hey do I see a pizza box?

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Pizza is common on nights like these.

Any word on the front clip yet? I'm worried about it sitting here... the way things happen around here straight body panels usually don't stay straight very long.

4. eagle mark

eagle mark 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the parts Allen! :D