Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PIcs from my webpage.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fr8train, Aug 21, 2001.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Few and far between, .mpgs coming soon. My truck, like my life, is a work in progress. Stuff soon to installed: ORD-steering brace-flip kit-greaseable shackles. For now I need books for this semester.

http://members.home.net/covert-2/4/

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Looking good. Reminds me of my driveway when I'm fixing something. Those are good shocks you're wearing.[​IMG]

For your own safety, don't put a vehicle on concrete blocks. They can break very easily. If you really must, at least put them with the holes vertical (as in a wall). They are stronger that way.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Yeah I found that out the hard way. These pics. are before the block broke. Thank you for the safety advice. I have six total jackstands and no blocks now. Oh yeah thanks for the comment on the shocks.[​IMG]

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Nice looking Blazer Drew[​IMG]!! Man thats one hell of a crack on the frame at the steering box[​IMG]. So how long has it been since its been on the road? And how much longer, I know your getting anxious!

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Weld in frame brace arrives on thurs. welding it in that day or early Fri. am. I figure since its now my B-day it is a good present.

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! [​IMG]!!

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well get the thing fixed up and bring it up this weekend.[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

9. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Ahhh, so I finally see what your truck looks like. We live sooo close too [​IMG]
    You finally getting that sucker on the road yet??? Let's go wheelin when you finally do!!
    Happy Bday btw!! [​IMG]
    Mine is in about 3 weeks!! But guess what, the g/f won't be getting me any truck parts.....you know how she is[​IMG]!!!
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Lookin Good....!

Just out of curiosity.....and this is for the whole list, not just FR8.....is it actually safe to use fuel line for the rear brake hydraulics instead of the more standard 'hard line'? I noticed that in a couple of the photos and it just didn't seem right.

I'm not trying to point out a mistake (if it is one) but that is a potentially serious safety issue, and I'd hate to see someone get hurt because they didn't know it shouldn't be done that way.

-Greg72

11. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Greg I am using real brake line for the brakes. I am using the fuel line to cover the hardlines from abrasions and accidental impact. So basically its a protective cover. The hard lines I am using came from a custom shop and are stainless steel lines MADE for brakes.

Thanks Mudhog[​IMG]

12. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Going to try to get her running Fri. the frame brace gets here tommorow. And should have here welded up thurs. nite.

13. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Thanks man.

14. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Now all we gotta do is meet up and go wheeling. I think my GF is getting me parts for my truck inorder to steal it from me when its running again[​IMG]. Speaking of 4wheeling when you mounted your 14FF. Did you weld the shock mounts before or after it was hung?

15. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hahh, yeah, that's probably why she is buying you parts...she'll need something to wheel in with her other friends when you get it rolling [​IMG]
    *for the record, Fr8t's girl is very cool, she is down with his addiction*
    *Mine, is totally opposite....true city slicker!!*

Anyhow, When I put the 14 under the perches were not welded in place....just tacked in to keep them from moving.....I tacked them in where they were suppose to be (width wise) and then when I put them under, I grounded off the tack and angled the pinion accordingly, and then tacked them in place again (now the right place), and then lowered the axle and welded them permanent. But, now I'm thinking I might have to do this all over again, when I go with the CV shafts. I'll have to angle the pinion up several degrees atleast!! &lt;img src="http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/frown.gif"&gt;.
    If only I had the dough to do it all at once.
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

16. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Tell me about it man. Dough would be nice. I am sitting on a D60/14FF combo. Seeing/riding in your truck was enough to justify the search and purchase of 1 ton. SO I guess I will sit on it a little longer cause I really want to have my wheels back till spring at least before I go messing with it then. Thanks for the info I was about to just tack my mounts on.

17. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I think we all need to get togeather soon. Boss I don't think I will need to borrow your welder because I found out we have a portable in the maintenance department at work that I can bring home. I am thinking about just doing the lift and axle swap and running the rear blocks for now. I am planning to swap the trans and t-case soon so I might as well do the lift too.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>