Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics from our camaro show

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Sep 18, 2006.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Our Camaro club just had its yearly show at summit racing equipment this past weekend.

We raised enough money for the Akron Childrens Hospital Burn Unit to buy one of those special suits that help burn victims keep their skin from falling off so they can heal.

being part of a club can be a pain in the ass, what with all of the egos and stuff, but helping the charities makes it all worthwhile.

Anyway, here are some pics. The gold and white 69 was a factory two - tone car.. I'd never seen one with that chrome trim on the roof, that didn't also have a vinyl top... according to my sources, they didn't make many.

camaroshow 001.jpg

camaroshow 007.jpg

camaroshow 003.jpg

camaroshow 005.jpg

camaroshow 006.jpg

2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

so which one is yours???

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sounds like a good cause, good for you...

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I love those late 70's/early 80's beasts. I had a 79, but never got to drive it. I drove my friends 81, and it was a PITA, but a lotta fun at the same time.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Good on ya!

I was wondering, "WTF?" with the second pic, until i realized the hood was resting on the roof

6. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sweet!

-Avery

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

This one's mine.. I drive the crap out of it, but I haven't been able to take it to our show for a few years.. I spend the weekend running a chinese raffle and an auction, where folks pay dontations to try to win things like subframe connectors, goodyear blimp rides , die cast models, and stuff like that..I also hand out door prizes, so I stuff the blazer full with all of the prizes,along with my tables and dry erase whiteboard.

When I was actively showing the car, my best was a third place finish in the modified class at the Camaro super - fest in ann arbor michigan.. my favorite trophy was the two foot tall " driven class" trophy I got from a bunch of canadian bikers who were judging the " Camaro Nationals" in Woodstock Ontario. they dug the fact I drove it all the way from cleveland ( spinning at 4 grand with 3:73 gears).

Anymore, I just participate in my clubs show, and try to shake everyone down for a good cause. :D

Tom

tom203_69SC.jpg

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Very cool, those prizes sound like a blast!

-Avery

9. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'll tell ya fumes.. last year, I got to meet one of the burn victims that these suits have helped.. the guy was just like us.. liked trucks, cars, and beer.. he gets whacked by a high voltage power line at work, and since then he's gone thru some operations and pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.. the guys attitude is so upbeat and positive, it's unbelievable. He is just flat convinced that when he recovers, he will just pick his life up where he left off, and I'm sure he'll do it too. To help enable someones recovery like that is just beyond words.. ( even for me )

Tom

10. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

youve got a sweet ride. wish I could find one to build.
    and the second pic got me too. I thought he put a scoop on his roof.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I miss my 73 Camaro.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

As much as your front teeth???:p: JK dooder...

13. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I only wish there were more shows in the auto world that helped out charities. I do alot of cancer walks, fundraisers, and dotations to help cure that stupid disease. I always wanted to do a bog or a pull for cancer, but I couldn't find a good place to have it or anyone to help me sponsor it. Some day though, some day.

p.s. I beat ya to posting in this one fumes

14. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Are there any off road clubs near you?

rather than starting from scratch, maybe you could approach one and see if you could work with an event they are already doing.. sponsors usually jump at the chance to help a charity, as long as the event is somewhat established, whereas if it's just you and a big idea, it's tougher sledding to get help. ( as you've found out).

the club you approach might like the benefits of the positive exposure and probable membership growth, in addition to the warm fuzzies of the charity work itself..

if you can locate some clubs to work with, let me know.. I can give you some pointers on approaching them, and potential sponsors, if you want.

My mom died of lung cancer in 1990.. if you want my help, I'm all in.

Tom

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

sweet ride TOM.who is drunk enough to think that hood on the roof was ment to be that way???:haha: :haha: :haha: my fav thats not your car is pic #4,the tubbed camero.

16. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

My naybor picked up a '69 Firebird to rebuild as a toy..... I wish I would find an early Camaro, Firebird to play with.....