Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics from our watery weekend

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jun 13, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

We had a larger than average turnout this weekend with 6 out of about a possible 30 rigs invited.

[​IMG]

When I got 4 miles from my place on a nice sunny day Friday... there was an ominous cloud hovering directly over town and my place. Lightning bolts were visibly making near ground strikes, and the mountains beyond were gone from view behind the rainfall.
    [​IMG]

I stayed back for a while, waiting for the storm to pass since the sun roof in the Firebird doesn't seal totally. After seeing the heaviest of the storm pass a bit to the East, I ventured to my place.

Driving through town I encountered streams of water across the streets. When I made it to my field, I drove over to look at the mud pits, one of which had no water in it the Monday before. Water sprayed up as I drove over the flat grass of the field, and I came to find both mud pits filled and overflowing with water, with two streams coming out the south ends and flowing down into the pond.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Later on, I replaced a bad water pump on the Orange Blazer with another one and messed with th starter on it. Andy and his wife, from Moscow Idaho, showed up in his '77 Chevy with an '86 454, 465/205, Dana 60, 14-bolt with Detroit and 37x13 Boggers and 4" of lift. We went through the pits a few times and pushed water out, and went up part of one of the powerline roads. Later, Eric (eclipse) came up towing his '77 K20 with my Crew cab and trailer.

Saturday, Eric worked on changing his steering box. Everyone showed up after noon and we played in the "water pits".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Eric with 39.5" Boggers and a 2 barrell 305.
    [​IMG]

Shawn in the Toyota replaced a rod bearing after a few runs... but eventually another bearing went and it was done.
    [​IMG]

Water was soaking air cleaners left and right (especially mine), but it was still fun. I broke out the '80 Crew Cab I towed home from Canada after sitting 6 years and did flat ground mud/dirt drags against a 2004 Powerstroke of Chad's. After that, Shawn and Wayne broke out there tow rigs too and played around some on the slick flat. My '84 K20 is being bought this week, so I drove it for the last time too.

Everyone tried talking me out of ending Mud Days and my decision to fill in the mud pits. In a way I want to keep them, if we could keep having fun, mild play days like this. Who knows.
    [​IMG]

Saturday night, a few of us went driving on some backroads. Afterwards, at the store in town, we ran into some lost "hippie stoner" people who had gotten bad directions to a barter fair and ended up 45 miles too far north in Ione. Everything was closed and they were out of gas.

We had them come up to my place, and two of us robbed some fuel out of the Utah Crew Cab for their Ford Ranger, while Eric took the two girls through the mud pit in his truck. They were all happy and thankful and went on their way to find the barter fair.

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of the hippie chicks.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  2. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i'm gettin a bunch of red x's

3. wicked87_k5

wicked87_k5 1/2 ton status

No pics, all red x's

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

All I see is the last 2 pics, rest are nice red x's :crazy:

5. mountainexplorer

Ok, I think I fixed the pictures.

6. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

nice....can i move in?

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yep pics work, looks wet :D

8. mountainexplorer

There's always an extra camper. ;)

9. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

becarefull of what you say!!! you just might have a multi colored k5 sitting in you drive way one morning when you wake up...

10. mountainexplorer

If you saw my driveway and field, you'd see that it would fit right in.