Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics from the Mud Race I held

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, May 11, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Well, I'm tired, but very happy. Everything went well at the mud race I held... no visible drinking, no fights. We were a bit slow and each rig only got two runs, since we spent most of the day pulling people out.

We had 28 trucks enter, some with multiple runs/drivers, and the mud was so deep in one lane, and so thick in spots, all but one rig got stuck at least one time.

There was a tube framed rail type rig and an alcohol injected Crosly bodied rig that had never gotten stuck before up until yesterday. The only rig to make it through both pits in under 6 seconds was a Jeep called "Casper", a CJ bodied nitrous small block powered rig.

After the races, I tried driving my Truck Blazer through with the 40's and my GMC with the 39.5" Boggers, and both only made it about halfway.

We also had a car to crawl on and some jumps to play on. There were about 300 people total there... my field and my brothers field were at about full capacity with parked cars/rigs and people.

Here are the pics:
    Album one
    Album two
    Album three

2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Cool Pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

cool man!! looks like it was fun. so, just out of curiosity, did you turn a pofit this weekend or was it a volunter effort?

4. DieselFreak

DieselFreak Registered Member

DAMNIT: I really would like to have been there but i was busy cruising around /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif And i think it'll be a little too mch to cruise over to USA just to limb some cars and fly a bit (although it would be fun). Well at least I can dream about it. Thanks for putting up the pics.

5. mountainexplorer

My total costs for everything to put this on (T-shirts, trophies, a couple hired helpers, misc supplies, rental of the skidder, trackhoe, water pump and outhouses) came to about $1500, and we got right around $1500 back. So we at least broke even, and might have made $20 or so. But I gave a few dollars to some of the volunteers since I felt we came out ahead by a little.

6. mountainexplorer

Yeah, it would have been a long drive for you. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

cool looks like every one had fun
    wish more people would -could do this kind of event
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

awesome pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Good deal, glad you didn't end up in the red. I bet it was worth the effort. Looks like everyone (well almost, couple might of had a bad day) had a great time. Thanks for putting up the pics.

10. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Theres a couple of good bogs coming up out here by me over Memorial day weekend. I'll have to remember to grab my digital camera...