Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pic's from this weekend

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rick88blaze, May 30, 2005.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Here are a few pictures from this weekend that I took at Tuttle Creek, Ks. I didn't get many action shots, but some of the others in our group did. We had my '88 K5, an '87 and '76 K5, both with a 4" lift and 35's, an '84 K10 on 33's, an '89 Cherokee on 31's, and a 91 Wrangler on 33's with a Chevy 350 in it. We had a blast and only minor damage done. 2 broken front axles, a rear bumper ripped off and a '79 that dropped a lobe on the cam on the way down, so it didn't wheel. As I get pic's from my buddies I'll post them too. Some of the pic's are fuzzy, my camera was on the wrong setting.

This is me entering that mud hole.
    [​IMG]

Here's the '84 Chevy with his right front in the same mud hole earlier in the day. He didn't see it as he came around the tree.
    [​IMG]

and the front view
    [​IMG]

Here's the 89 cherokee with what's left of his back bumper. He ripped it loose on a tree.
    [​IMG]

If anyone knows how to put a video on here please let me know. I've got one of the '76 going through the mud hole and another of the '87 bringing his front end off the ground. :screwy:

Rick

2. rick88blaze

more pictures

Here's a few more from last weekend. The first 2 are me, the second 2 are Matt in his '87 in 2wd (he's one of the guys who broke his front axle). The 5th one is Eric in his '76 with a D44 lincoln locked and an open 12 bolt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

nice pics looks like a decent pit :D

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Mmmm.........soupy :grin:

Glad to see your new friends have good taste in vehicles :grin: Did you introduce them to CK5 yet?

5. rick88blaze

I told them about it and how much time and money the advice on here has saved me, but none of them have said anything about getting a membership here yet. I bring it up just about everytime we get together. :D :D

the entrance was steep enough that I dragged my front bumper going in, and I took a big chunk of mud with me when my hitch dragged when the back end dropped in. :eek1:

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I want to see pictures of the passengers in the full-topper after hitting that mud hole. :D

7. rick88blaze

Believe it or not they weren't that bad. His K5 does pretty good about throwing the mud away from the truck. :D :D