Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics from Tuesdays truck recovery

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 20, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

2wd stuck down a decent sized hill, sideways in a road. Two smaller 4x4's spent all the previous day trying to pull it out.
    [​IMG]
    Winch pulled him back straight onto the road.
    [​IMG]
    I probably could have gotten the Suburban out back up to the top of the "steeper-looking-in-person" hill, had I not been dragging the 2wd truck. The winch got it's workout. Consistency of snow: annoying- slushy up top, but as soon as you spin a tire, makes instant ice underneath.
    [​IMG]
    Gave the winch a rest. Went and grabbed the '75 K5... it's maiden voyage with the 454 and Detroit Locker.
    [​IMG]
    Note: Don't be stupid like me and back into ruts previousely created. Sure, I thought grabbing some dirt would be better than atop the ice. But soupy mud was under the shell of slush and ice.
    [​IMG]
    Progress was slow, but finally got the 2wd truck drug up the hill all the way. Sailing was smooth after rounding this corner.
    [​IMG]
    Despite my electric fuel pump ground wire coming loose on the K5, bad power connections on the winch cable to the battery, and overheating cause by boiling over due to me not having a radiator cap, all went well even though I found out later I had an unplugged vacuum port on the carb. No wonder it wasn't running perfect. But I still loved hearing the Flowmasters.

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Even though that looked like a lot of work I bet it was still fun. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

3. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Why was the 2wd truck that far off the pavement?
    Why do people always blur thier license plate? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Should've stuck with the Burb, makes for better pics too.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

I hate that kind of snow....

5. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

What kind of winches you running on the trucks?

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

"Why do people always blur thier license plate?"

good question

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

people blur their plates, because some people have the power to find out information like adresses from your tag number, and to abuse it.. so people protect themselves..

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Skratch: You bet it was fun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif A lot of work it seemed for such a simple chore, but very fun in the end.

Dirty Steve: The guy in the 2wd and his wife were looking at property for sale. Once he started down the hill, it was already too late. He tried venturing down a ways to find a level spot or wider area. They tried turning around and that was it.

I didn't take the pics or post them. Dillon (MEPR) did, and he blurred the plate number. I wouldn't have cared if it was or not.

88Silverado: Both the Suburban and Blazer have Warn 8274 8,000lb Winches.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hell yea /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice real nice

11. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    people blur their plates, because some people have the power to find out information like adresses from your tag number, and to abuse it.. so people protect themselves..

[/ QUOTE ]
    not true. EVERYBODY has the power to find house address and name. from there you can get numbers, and tax info and credit info. not just everybody knows what places to as for what to get the info.
    i blur mine as well, but it really dont bother me to much. some times i am to lazy to do it.

grant