Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics from yesterday

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Webshots
    I got my first taste of rock climbing and it was great! Wow! I know those rocks are nothing like what a lot of you guys go on, but I had to start somewhere. We are mostly just trails around here so these are about the best rocks in the area. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unfortunately, soon after that in attempting to pull out a severely stuck Bronco, we broke our trucks beyond driveability. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I even got my CK5 hat full of mud, removing what was left of my rear driveshaft /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. It was fun, but I will not be so eager to pull anyone out again. This will cost us big time!

2. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ouch! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Time for some upgrades. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

looks like fun.. i think ill choose to stay away from rocks though when i get my rig going cause of that. that seems to be wear most of the carnage happens is on the rocks..and at my age and income leval i cant afford to be replacing parts left and right either /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif! so im going to stick with the mud! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

That did not happen on the rocks. That happened because of mud. The mudhole looked very innocent. The guy has 35" BFG A/T's and a Ford 400 engine. He got almost through and there she sat. All that trying to pull him out (2 broken straps, 3 broken trucks). He had to go back today to try to get it out. No way we could; it wouldn't budge even with 2 trucks pulling at the same time. His bumper is off, his hitch is off, my husband's front axle shafts are both broken and so his his transmission. My truck, well, you saw it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Whew. I guess hub is going to get his truck tonight. It will be good to get it home, but it's sitting til we can afford a TH400 and a Dana 60! I love mud, sometimes . Not right now. I still have to spend a few hours cleaning it up, too! The rocks were an adrenaline rush, for sure.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha well then maybe i guess i wont try to pull some one out haha..i just wanna get my blazer going sooo bad so i can go out and experience some of this for once!! still gatta get the new floor in and get it running for that matter we are still having isues with it not getting any spark..so i dunno hopefully it will be out of the garage and at least driving aroudn my december..

6. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

You may want to price out a Slip yoke eliminator for your t-case. May end up being cheaper than replacing the tailshaft for the slip yoke. I know Jess at High Angle Driveline sells the kits, couldn't find a price on the site though. Just a thought.

Come to think of it, probably not. A driveshaft w/ slip built in isn't gonna be cheap. Sorry, just thinking out loud /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif