Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics needed of front shock upper mounts with about a 6" and 9012's or DTs..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Jul 26, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Pics needed of front shock upper mounts with about a 6\" and 9012\'s or DTs..

I have my front suspension doen and was trying to ball park my shocks without flexing it out and with my shocks mounted at half travel I can bolt them up where they were stock (I have about a 6.5" suspension lift and running DT 8304's (whatever the long ones are). But I know the spring will droop enough to bottom them out, yet If I mount them up higher to get the compression side dialed in then I would pull them out when maxed out. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif what gives?

yeah I know cycle the suspenion and see where they shock arcs cross but it's not easy when your flexy,LOL. Do ya think I need remote mount resivours?

yeah I can hear some of you now..." If he is maxing out a 8304 on the front I wanna see pics...."

tough you're gonna have to wait /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Re: Pics needed of front shock upper mounts with about a 6\" and 9012\'s or D

If you are maxing out a 8304 on the front I wanna see pics

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'll dig out the cherry picker tomorrow to please ya there Mike, K??? LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

HELLA!!!! i wanna see!!!

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Hey Scott-
    last time I was just playing around with the cherry picker and I go the front to do it's thing. with only having the front tire about 2' off the ground the rear springs hadn't even moved yet..I guess thats good,LMAO. I'm going to need bumpstops and limiting straps though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

oh and you forgot the /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif after Hella! ,LMAO

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

damn!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif