Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PICS of 14 bolt carrier vs 1/2 ton carrier, also 14bff Detroit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, Oct 29, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

to Webshots

Well I got my open carrier for my 14bff last week (THANKS tRustyK5) and took a few pics of it and my Detroit locker, also took some pics with it side by side with a 1/2 ton carrier (Dana 44) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

If you need more convincing why to go 1 ton, check out these pics. If you just wonder what a 14bff carrier looks like (kinda odd looking) as well as a Detroit Locker for it, that's there too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nothing like a digital camera to distract me from my homework LOL /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

to Webshots

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Makes me glad to know that I've got the ol' 14bff under my truck. Peace of mind (the only thing on my truck I can say that about though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

wow. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

never took the time to appreciate the huge difference /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Oh, and do notice that the 1/2 ton ring gear is toast /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    good 'ole 1/2 ton /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif There is one thing you can say about 1/2 ton, its dependable. You can depend on the fact that it will fail /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Of coarse that is what I have in the front of mine /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, but I am half there /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'm in the middle of the change over as we type..what you pay for the locker?

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha yea i def. see the difference..i want to go one ton bad...it will happen one of these days..just got to many other things that need fixing befor!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I think it was $320 + tax from my local 4WPW. Got it last spring, so hopefuly I will finally get it installed /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You should put up a pic with a 14 bolt axle shaft next to a 10 bolt shaft...

BTW, that is the same carrier I dropped on my toe a couple months ago...'cept it had the ring gear and all still bolted to it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rene

9. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Its a heavy son-of-b&*%! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Gonna have to get a bearing puller to get the bearings off, one side came off no problem with a regular puller, other side is being a PITA-of coarse /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif