Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of 38 michelins with no lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BARRAZA, Feb 9, 2003.

1. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

Couple of pics of my cucv with 11.00x16 michelins. In normal sizes they are approx 38x10.5. Fit on stock 16x6.5 rims. No lift with minor trimming, probably will trim some more just to make sure they never hit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

looks good. how much were those each?
    grant

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

your going to have to hog out those fenders to keep those monsters from rubbing.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Holy jeez...can you even turn with those stuffed in there? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    Looks good - you've definetely accomplished the "fill the wheelwell with the tire look." /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Nice! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

Actually, I've been running around for a couple of weeks and they haven't rubed yet, but one tons are not exactly flexly. What makes them possible is that the tire is so narrow and the 6.5 rim has about 4.5 inches of back spacing, keeps the outer edge of the tire tucked in close when turning.

8. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

looks good. show some better tread pics and prices please. are your rims the same as civilian rims?

9. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

I know the pics dont show the tread very well but they are all I have now. Michelin site for tire info
    http://truckus.webmichelin.com/tires/17/index.html
    Availability try,
    http://www.dollartire.com
    remember their prices are canadian bucks

I got mine cheap from a guy in GA but he doesnt have any more. Civilian rims? I have no idea, dont have any other rims to compare to.

10. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

let us know how long they last, but for now how much are they. They could be a great dd tire to spell off my 39.5 boggers.

11. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Il put it this way, 39.5 boggers are cheaper than new michelins /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

WOW /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That thing is awsome! And yeah youll definitly need some more trimming... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Oh and another thing, beautifull dogs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

Prices for these michelins are all over the map. New I've read they are more than 350 each /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Used are anywhere from $40 U.S. for 50% to $125 U.S. for 70-80% to 350 canadian dollars for what I would expect to be pretty darn good tires. The guy I got mine from deals in used military tires but said he rarely gets 11.00x16's and has a list of over 50 people who want them, said not to bother giving out his name. I recently saw 9.00x16's XL's advertised new for $165, and some less aggressive XZL's for $200 new, they are 36.5 inches tall and about 10.5 wide. I doubt I'll ever put enough miles on them to give a good life estimate, but I can tell you that these are the best riding large tires I've ever owned, smooth as silk and i didn't bother to balance them.

15. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Where do you find used Michelins. I'd love to have some a little taller than my 44" TSL's and if I found some used, I'd actually be able to afford them.

16. Suburbanite

Suburbanite Registered Member

Did you know that the specs show a top speed of 62mph?

17. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

so what is the speed rating of a TSL? GroundHawg?
    those tires are rated at 4800# each tire at 62mph continuous duty.
    so if your truck weighs 19200lbs or more and you plan on running 70mph for a few days straight these may not be for you, unless you run them as duallies.
    After burning a set or 2 of TSLs on the highway and watching the heat destroy them I will definitely pick these over any mudtire

18. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

you know boys, i never understood the speed thing with you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifso it'll only do 62mph on the highway. BIG DEAL! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif if i had those tires, i obviously wouldn't have them for highway use. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

and that speed is with a big heavy army truck, your rig is way lighter (in comparison) so you could push it a bit.

if i could get similar sizes to tsl's for cheaper, i would in a second. ben427 says they're sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif