Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pics of 4" - 6" lifts with 44's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FULLSIZE, Sep 14, 2002.

1. FULLSIZE

FULLSIZE Registered Member

pics of 4\" - 6\" lifts with 44\'s?

been searchin for a little short lift, cut sheetmetal with 44's action. anyone know where i can get a little piece /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Chevy409

Chevy409 Registered Member

Re: pics of 4\" - 6\" lifts with 44\'s?

I'm on the same search. I'm looking to put 38's on my blazer with no lift and would love to see some pics of this already done.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'd suggest that you go with at least a 2.5-inch lift, just to have some axle travel available. Take at look at how close the front axle tube is to the bump stop with the stock springs. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Even with a lift of up to 6 inches, you'll probably have to move the front axle forward so that the tires don't rub on the firewall when the wheel is turned. The inner fenders will also have to go away and a whole bunch of sheetmetal will have to be carved away. But that's a great way to get rid of any rust around the fender openings! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have 38's with only 2.5in lift pics are in my webshots albums in the link in my sig /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I have 6" lift 2" body w/ 38.5x14.50x15 TSL/SX's
    and still have plenty room for 42's or 44's!
    [​IMG]
    Bill /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

this is a pice of my 76. 4" springs in front with longer shackles. total 5" lift. 2" springs and 4" blocks in rear. no body lift or really any body mounts!! those are 40" mudders. Only hit firewall once! wheels turned, hard landing. I don't think 44's would fit [​IMG]

7. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

I'm running 42" TSLs with a small lift. I'm not really sure how much lift it is cause it was on there when I got it but I think it is 4", could be 6" though. You probably could do 44 with 6" but you wouldn't have much room to flex. When I was doing my homework about how much lift I needed to run 42 with heavy cutting, one guy said he had a friend who ran 44s with a 3-inch bodylift but he pretty much had to remove the fenders completely.

8. FULLSIZE

FULLSIZE Registered Member

i'm not lookin to see who's a girl and doesn't want to cut their sheetmetal /forums/images/icons/mad.gif i want to see pictures of it! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    cut, cut, cut, cut! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I don't have 44's but have 39.5 x 15 with close to 6" of lift, I cut out the rear lip completly prolly could fit 42's back there, the front fenders are cut to 1-1/2" of width at the very bottom and the inners are almost gone but still there, I aslo cut and pounded the cab lip back to make smooth.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

What two ugly @$$ thugs are sitting on the rock in that bottom pic? The one on the left looks like a girl. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Dam, that brings the whole thread down. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

TELL ME the camera was tilted in that shot!
    Seat cushions back in shape from that one yet?
    So did you notice the oil pressure gage on Zero? I guarantee it was on zero for that one.

12. CK5

No tilting of the camera just a small down hill thing with lots of traction, I drove up it with out a front locker! Never looked at the oil guage, had other things more important to look at. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I did in the main bearings on the Lady's 79 (before she stole it from me) nosed over like that. I was close to laying the truck over and was waithing on spotter. I was a little busy and didn't notice I was sucking air. The way home I noticed really low oil pressure. I plan to put a nice bright idiot light for those too busy to look at gages time.
    http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1950&prmenbr=361
    [​IMG]

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1951&prmenbr=361
    [​IMG]

14. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

FULLSIZE!! You wanker!! How ya doin man? Didnt think I'd ever see ya over here and away from POR. lol....I've got those 35's still.....Havent mounted them though....My motor is getting ready to barf it's guts out...Building a 402 BB for it...SO all my time has been goin there....No Rubicon for me this weekend... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Anyways...Hows the Power Wagon coming along? haha....Right on dude.....You should hang here a bit more. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

If you can find someone to trade me a set of 44 TSLs for my 39.5s, I'll take as many pics as you want w/44s on a 3" lift. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif There's a couple pics on the thread "Fullsize on the rocks" (or something like that) in the Chevy section on PBB.

Hi Steve. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Pete

16. CK5

Pete
    Where ya been man, I think with your new rockers you could get 44's in there easy.

17. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I'd still have to move the axle forward a bit. Been debating what to do with it lately, thinking about getting more creative w/the cage than originally planned. Gonna wait till it gets colder to tear it apart, though, I've been driving it around the last few days and am starting to get motivated a bit. Need to get the heater going before the end of the month, too.

Pete

18. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Steve, have you moved your front axle forward? I just put on my 39.5's and with the 36's before I moved the axle forward I could eat up the firewall/floorboard area. I am going to cut more lip off, hell even move the floorboard back if I have to. I need to keep my inner fenders for all the crap I have mounted to them. Gonna cut them up some though.

How much offset are you running with your wheels?

Person that started the thread. I have seen quite a few K5's at Tellico and other places. If you want that big a tire with that small a lift ( I know I do to, I have 39.5's with about 5" right now and TONS of cutting) your going to have to do MAJOR sheetmetal cutting and floorboard modifications. Then you are going to have to limit your up travel. With 36's and 1.5" wheel spacers on the rear I could gong the rear inner fenders at will. I will have to tub them out to deal with the flex I have without limiting it. I just put in 1 ton axles and moved the front axle forward 1.5" I will do some more cutting/pounding before I test it out as it looks to close right now.

Depdog

19. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

so you think i should keep my 8" lift to run 39.5's on the rocks? or should i go down to 6"? either way, i'm ready to chop some fenders. i would like to get it as low as possible without having to modify the floorboards or ditch the inner fenders.

20. CK5

Front axle is in the stock location, I do rub the floorboard but it is smooth so shouldn't hurt the tires, I did bend back some more of the inner fender so will have to cut some more of that off, my inner fenders are almost just a shelf now, no curve to them. My wheels have a 4" back spacing and I run 1-1/4" spacers in the rear, I don't think they rub but haven't looked since I got back from BB.