Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pics of 40's with lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramses, Jan 6, 2006.

1. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Im looking for pics of 40 inch tires with at least 6 inch lift or more, no fender trimming jobs. Im thinking of getting some 40's or maybe 38's or 39's now but im not sure. Does anyone make a tire that big that isnt strictly an offroad tire? I need something that will wear good on the street. Also, ive heard before that 40 inches is the biggest leagal size to run on the highway here, I wonder how I could find out if thats true?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

'hawgs wear well on-road. Not 100% sure the point is of burning $1000+ worth of rubber on asphault... but whatever floats your boat.

j

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You're probably gonna have to go 8-10" IIRC before you can clear 40's without a trim job. I think there might be some Mickey's that would work well in that area.

Not my cup of tea but to each his own.

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

just going by tire size and not lift laws...my understanding was that as long as the tire is D.O.T. approved it's legal for the street. That may just be a California thing though. Because I know that the 49in iroks are street legal

5. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

This is how my sub looked like when I bought it. 8" of lift and 40" Monstermudder tires.

[​IMG]

6. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I used to live in wheeling Wva and you can run any tire you want the lift hieght is were they get you the bottom of the stock bumper has to be at or under 26 inches last I knew. If you don't have the stock bumper they use the bottom of the frame.

7. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

The reason I would run $1,000 wotrth of rubber on the asphault is because my truck is my daily driver and my toy. Actually I found out today that there is no limit on tire size legally but your bumper cant be any higher than 31 inches off the ground. I measured mine today and my front is 31 and 1/4 and my rear bumper is 32 inches off the ground with an 8 inch lift and 37's. I suppose you could always run smaller tires to get an inspection to pass, which is what ill have to do if I put a body lift on and get some 40's.

8. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think the new Toyo tires come in the 38-40 inch size and are pretty sreet friendly, but they are $$$$

9. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Just be careful because the state boys will right you up inspection or not if your over the limit. Another guy I know tried that with his bronco but he ran 44's and they nabbed him all the time!

10. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

bigcountryx has ~9" lift and 39.5 IROKs im sure he'll post up here soon